Chapter 35, Till My Blood Starts To Rain

Start from the beginning

I stared up ahead, my mind was skeptical as to what it should do first. Nevertheless, I whipped out Minato's kunai and hastened my feet. The magnitude of my speed was greater than usual. Stamina was radiating off of me as I ran like a flash.

However, no amount of speed or stamina could tame down my racing heart. The Uchiha clan isn't only a part of the Hidden Leaf. It is my clan as well not only Itachi's and these blue eyes that sparked crimson at the thought of its annihilation is my biggest alibi.

My grip on Minato's kunai tightened and my jaw clenched. This exceptional speed that I have won't be of any use if I arrive at the Uchiha district when it has turned into a crime scene. I hurry to the only place that my legs have carried me to which was the clearing where we first met. From my peripheral vision I spot mutual butterflies trying to catch up to me.

Once I see the familiar spot in view I don't waste any second and mark the location with Minato's kunai. That clearing will also be a last resort if things get out of hand.

Next destination, Uchiha district.

Only this time I have took a precaution, making me a step ahead. Feeling a bit triumphant I take a moment to gather my thoughts and tame down my racing heart. If I didn't do that I'd be overthinking everything right now.

Standing my ground, a bead of sweat dripped down my face. The memory of Itachi and I executed in my head when my eyes fell on the clearing. In memory of that moment, I became even more determined to stop Itachi from ruining his life.

Raising two fingers with my heart still racing I forced the words out of my mouth.

"Lightning Style: Flying Raijin Jutsu!"

Subsequently, I traveled into the dimension that'll take me to my desired destination. More specifically, it'll take me to Itachi's location.

My heart had felt like it had skipped several beats at once, no, my breath was taken away and the world around me had completely stopped. All when my eyes burned holes into Itachi's crimson ones, rendering him wide-eyed and perplexed.

That's right, earlier on the bridge, when I took his wrist I made sure to mark him with my own secret Technique Formula.

Still gazing into his eyes, I immediately snatched his wrist.

"Hanabi..", his voice was cut short at the sight of me. In this moment, he was most vulnerable , since his mind was still comprehending what had hit him. The feeling of stress that had overwhelmed me earlier had been channeled into the very glare that I direct at Itachi all the while making sure that he witnessed my blue eyes turning red.

"What...?", he immediately broke off eye contact and stared at my hand that was clutching his wrist. His eyes had widened then, more than any other time when his mind registered the fact that I've managed to mark him.

I couldn't afford to waste anymore time. His current location was familiar, it was the same route of the woods we took during Shisui's retrieval. But from the looks of it, he's planning to infiltrate the Uchiha district without entering through the main gate.

"I won't let you proceed any further Itachi", I growled dangerously.

With my remaining hand I raised my two fingers, making sure to pierce my nails in his his skin to hold him in place. If he refused to listen to reason I'll make sure to beat some into him.

"Lightning Style-''

My voice was cut short and I no longer felt my breath. Subsequently, Itachi had screamed out my name at the top of his lungs when I had overlooked the man in the orange mask. Who yanked me off of Itachi by delivering a punch with immense power. The magnitude of the strike send me flying where my body made a dent in a tree bark.