Chapter 87, Pill of Memories

From time to time, I couldn't help, but glance up at the sky where I felt like the crescent moon was following me like it was my shadow. It was my reminder of Hanabi.

"I'm betting that on a hunch"

Shikaku's words have stuck with me for the past hour or so. The dispatch team consists of seven Ninjas, appointed by Shikaku Nara himself.

Raidō Namiashi, the well-noted veteran ninja who supports the village with his extensive experience and skills, known in the Hidden Leaf as the prominent assassin.

Genma Shiranui, another well-known veteran, noted for his excessive partaking in difficult missions due to his excellent skills.

Iwashi Tatami, a shinobi with a reserved demeanor in the public eye, skilled like the other two.

These three are leading the rescue mission.

I'd read all about this trio firsthand in the data books. They were Lord Fourth's elite bodyguards, who happen to be taught the Flying Thunder Formation Technique.

I look over to my left where I spotted an old Anbu comrade, Tenzo, the Wood Style user. He's been dispatched with us just in case Naruto slips into his Nine-Tails form.

A little further, the two lovebirds, Hana and Shisui could be seen. Hana's three hounds have accompanied us on the mission as well.

She was chosen to be on the dispatch team due to her medical skills along with her offensive attacks. Her three hounds trail after her and Shisui as they leap from one tree to the next.

I take in a deep breath and hasten on my feet as I jump from one tree to the next.

What are you doing now Sasuke?

"Itachi", Tenzo called out, snapping me out of my train of thought. I immediately whip my head in his direction where he motions for me to glance down. It took me a solid minute to realize that the Jonin trio had stopped in the nearby clearing.

"You can't keep zoning out like this Itachi", Tenzo informed, to which I quickly blurted, "R-right"

Tenzo and I were the last ones to land on the cool ground, where I caught sight of Shisui and Hana inching closer to each other. Raido began to observe and check whether everyone is present as Genma tipped his tooth pick up and down between his teeth.

"Alright", Raido spoke, his eyes traveling to everyone present at the moment. I couldn't overlook the distinct feature that draws attention to his face. A weal-like scar, which ran across the bridge of his nose and down the left side of his face.

He darts his dark eyes to Iwashi and inquired, "Did you bring it?". His comrade simply nods and mutters a quick 'yes'.

"Everyone listen up, this is a critical time as well as a dangerous mission, so stay on alert at all times", his narrowed eyes trail the remaining six of us as he addresses, "by now, we are a fair distance away from the Hidden Leaf, this is about how far kidnappers have come after abducting a Leaf citizen. We'll examine the area for any trace of Naruto and Sasuke using the three Haimaru Brothers".

"Their scent couldn't have possibly stained all the way to their location", Hana interjects, to which Genma chirps in and says, "we only need to find the direction they were headed to, whether it's the North, South, West, or East".

"I see", Hana muttered as I kept my eyes fixated on the squad leaders.

Raido turns to Iwashi and says, "give the clothes to her".

"Understood"

Iwashi opens his traveling back and hands out a black Uchiha shirt to Hana, along an orange jacket. My eyes soften when I see the Sasuke's shirt, but I had to hold off my emotions for now.