Chapter 4, The Real Deal

Itachi's P.O.V

"Stay still", I order, advancing towards her deliberately. She put up her defenses immediately, feeling slighted as she whispers in disbelief, "Sharingan".

"Have you ever saw a Sharingan before?", I inquire, looking straight into her eyes. Her blue eyes concentrated on my crimson ones as she replied, "Kakashi's..", then her voice trails off. Upon this exact moment, I witnessed Hanabi deliberately going into a panic mode, where her breathing becomes heavy and she breaks off eye contact with my Sharingan. I react instantaneously and back away to give her space.

"Oh my god", she hisses under her breath, her countenance suggesting that she recalled a distant memory, some imperative flashback.

"What's wrong?", I hesitate to tread closer.

"Itachi...", she starts to slick back locks of her signature blonde Namikaze hair, "...I", her hand reaches to support her temple. 

"Hanabi, do you need, ninja, medics?", I say, somewhat concerned. She slightly trembles, then as if it never happened, she suddenly regains back her composture. Our eyes met again and she replied, "No". Perplexed, I close the distance between the bed and myself. She flinched when I extended my hand but I still managed to take hold of her chin and forced her to look me in the eyes. I deactivated my Sharingan, inspecting her face further. There were absolutely traces of a feeling I didn't quite know how to decipher. Recall?

Out of the blue, I was appalled when she slapped away my hand, growling, "Leave me alone, Itachi", but the tone in her voice implied the fact that she is unaware of what she was saying or doing. 

"Itachi who was that with you yesterday in the clearing?", she demands, looking anywhere, but my face.

"Listen", I begin, feeling the sense of authority my voice holds, I resume, "I'm only going to say this once. I'll get you that kunai you lost yesterday if you close the subject about last night".

Her expression suggests that's she's confused, but also digesting my offer. She stares at my face in absolute intrigue, then asked, " Itachi Uchiha, what are you up to and why is there such darkness around you wherever you go?", she murmured the last part to herself. I pretend to seem unfazed, not having a clue as to what I should say.

"Look", I take the jug of water from her nightstand and pour water into a glass, "you'll probably stay in this room for a few more days, and while you're enjoying your stay here, anything might happen to Minato's kunai out there", she obediently takes the glass of water, her somewhat teary eyes don't leave my face, "For all we know some other ninja might stumble upon something so rare like your kunai. I'll get you your kunai and we close last night's subject, deal?".

"Why do you want to shut me up so much?", she demands, gulping down the glass of cold water.

Because you could either dhoom me or help me out in some way.

"You talk too much", I smile at her, and then involuntary my hand raises in the air and I poke her in the forehead.

"Ow!", she growls, her hand rushes to her forehead, "What was that for?".

Having realized my mistake I instantly blush, my tongue unable to form words in order to give her a reasonable explanation.

"I-I, well I...don't really know why I did that either", I nervously laugh. What's gotten into me?

"But accept my offer so I can go to Lord Third's office, I'm somewhat late", I rub my neck nervously, looking away from her. She arches a brow and broods for a moment. The smirk that appears on her face startles me and caught me a bit off guard.

"Lord Third's office huh?", she grins and proceeded to make me feel even more nervous than I am.

"Forget the kunai", she starts, her smirk growing further, her elbow propped on her knee, her cheek resting on her fist, "Kakashi can get that for me, however, you Itachi Uchiha, I have other uses for you", her mouth has now transformed into a full smile.  

***

"Hanabi, no there's no way I can do that.."

"Oh come on, you depressing sphere of gloom, this is the real deal", she emphasizes on the 'real deal' part.

"Oh God, how did I get myself mixed up with the likes of you?", my hand supports my temple as I recall what she said she wanted from me. " I can't.."

"Excuse me, but what's wrong with the likes of me?", she requests, but I ignore her.

"No, Hanabi listen... I can't do that-I"

"You're Itachi Uchiha, you joined the Anbu at the age of eleven, so is there really something you can't do?", she arches a brow, smiling innocently.

Apparently using my Mangeyko Sharingan on you.

"Hanabi, please stop being so stubborn..", I attempt to reason with her, but her being Hanabi Namikaze, the one with the lively spirit disregards me and proceeded to announce, "Listen Itachi, I'm free most of the day, I don't have any missions cause that Danzo despises me and has no faith in me. You best believe I'll investigate you, cause to be quite frank I have no life. So get that done for me or I'll get on your case once I'm out of here", she admits carfree, and I frown upon her in amusement.

  If she says it, she means it. That is how I decided to summarize Hanabi Namikaze's character and remember her. What a nuisance for me.

"Does this attitude run in the blood among those descendants of the Namikaze clan?", I question no one in particular. I then smile, the butterflies still in my tummy whenever I remember what she wants from me. For a moment I fall silent, appreciating the young Namikaze that has once again started doing what he, what every Namikaze does best. Overwhelm those around them with their stubbornness.

"Come on Uchiha boy", she grins, then catching off guard with a wink of her left eye. She sure is something else.

How am I going to do this?

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N:- Again, not so much is happening at the moment, but I assure you that this fan-fic is going places...so keep up!

-A