Chapter 58, Past My Reach

The five guards leaped back and raised their spears in our direction, making us take an involuntary fighting stance.

"So you are infiltrators!?", one of the guards growled as he inspected us cautiously.

Kakashi was in the lead, he scrutinized his opponent and informed in a low voice, "Itachi, Shisui are you ready?".

"Yes", we said in unison. Our plan was to be set in motion shortly.

"If you think that you can take on three Sharingan users at once, then you must be kidding yourselves", Kakashi declared loud and lucid for the guards to hear.

"Shut up!", one of them yells, making my ears bleed from the high-pitched frequency in his voice.

Kakashi sighs in annoyance, taking one last glance at the five scared guards before barking, "Charge!".

Shisui and I simultaneously lunge forward and pelt a string of shurikens coated with flames of the Fireball Jutsu to further increase the offensive capacities of the attack. The shurikens of course acted as the decoy to by us some time. While Kakashi stood back, Shisui and I exchange a knowing look. Single-handedly, we weave hands seals that will summon crows to our aide.

As Shisui takes possession of the crows summoned by the two of us, it was clearly my turn to proceed further with the plan. I head straight for the leader of the pack, the plan consists of keeping one or two of them for interrogation. They throw their spears in my direction which I didn't have to worry about because Kakashi had said, "Kamui!", thus, teleporting the weapon to his time and space.

Shisui pinpoints the crows in the direction of the remaining guards to create a decoy as I catch the leader's attention when I pretend to be weaving signs of the Water Dragon Bullet Technique. In reality, I was just aiming for eye contact to ensnare him in my Genjutsu. His fell on mine and it was declared game over. Once the Genjutsu was successfully cast, all that was left was for Shisui to further proceed with the plan.

Not only did Shisui form a Genjutsu barrier around us to cover up what was happening right now, but also paralyzed the four remaining guards into submission with his powerful Genjutsu. Kakashi treaded closer towards me and ordered, "Release".

I obliged and released the man from my Genjutsu that felt like days. After he gave me the aghast look on his face, he fell to his knees, gasping for air and trembling under the pounding rain. Kakashi walks up to the trembling guard, his figure hovering over him as he asks, "Why is Hanzo of The Salamander taking such measures?".

"Ask all you want I'm not divulging anything!", he spat, still catching his breath from the Genjutsu shock.

"We don't have time for your chivalrous acts. Answer the question or your comrades over there will face the consequences of your stubbornness", Kakashi threatened, his tone serious and monotonous.

The man clenches his jaw and darts his eyes to his four comrades, who were paralyzed in Shisui's Genjutsu.

"We have total control over your comrades over there so if you refuse to co-operate we'll have no choice but to take drastic measures", Kakashi warns, his voice holding that hint of authority, "and so I ask again, why is Hanzo of The Salamander taking such drastic measures regarding outsiders?".

"Forget it!", he shouts back in response, glaring at Kakashi with a loathing stare. I crinkle my nose and dart my eyes to Kakashi. Kakashi simply sighs and mutters under his breath, "We don't have time for this".

Kakashi darts his gaze to Shisui and says, "Do it".

Shisui nods at him and fixes his gaze towards the four men. Then I held my breath tight and I flinched slightly when Shisui declared, "Kotoamatsukami!".