Chapter 61, The Red Butterfly Technique

Even with my three tomoe Sharingan I barely managed to keep up with the speed of these two. They were flickering back and forth, so fast it hurt my eyes. Hanabi was using an ordinary kunai to block the attacks of Shisui's sword.

"She's a sensory type", Kakashi suddenly spoke, reminding me to breath again, "she can sense chakra without the need to see.."

I sealed my lips completely and kept my gaze fixated on them. I was on my nerves, loathing the fact that I wasn't able to do anything in this moment.

"What happened to you these past four years?!", Shisui demanded, while blocking the strike of the kunai with his sword. They both remained still for a moment before Hanabi whipped out another kunai to strike with.

"Shisui!", I found myself screaming, and Kakashi restrained me back.

"Calm down Itachi, Shisui isn't some ordinary ninja", Kakashi assured.

"So is Hanabi!", I retorted.

They kept clanging their weapons together as they disappeared and reappeared back and forth.

"Nothing interesting", Hanabi replied coldly, blocking his sword strike by crossing both of her kunais over her head.

"Why are your eyes bandaged?", Shisui pressed further, taking a leap back.

"None of your business", she retorted, straightening up her posture.

Droplets, left behind by the pouring rain splashed round and round, the rhythm making me lose concentration.

"Why join the Akatsuki?", Shisui inquired, fixating his eyes on Hanabi.

"Again, none of your business"

In a moment's notice, Shisui had generated several clones using the Body Flicker Technique. Technically, they weren't clones, but afterimages. Because unlike ordinary clones, with these clones, no one can spot the real one since their chakra mirrors the user's almost flawlessly.

"I can't see the real one", Kakashi informs to which I reply, "yeah, that's the point".

"Body Flicker clones huh?", Hanabi said to no one in particular as Shisui's clones circled around her to deliver strikes.

"Shisui-", I uttered, as I was on the verge of lunging forward. Kakashi retrained me back and sternly said, "Itachi stop, she's coming at us with the intent to kill. This is not the Hanabi that we know".

"With the intent to kill?", I echoed back, my eyes firmly fixated on Hanabi.

Why?

Why after all these years?

Why did it have to be this way?

Why couldn't I save her...?

I swallowed the lump in my throat in anticipation of Hanabi's next move. The Body Flicker clones circled around Hanabi in a perfect circle. However, she was completely unfazed by all that was happening.

My stomach somersaulted when Hanabi gave off a wicked grin. Swiftly, she pivoted around her heel in a flash, dragging the water on the ground with her.

The droplets of the pond beneath her flared out in perfect sync, glistening under the moon's hue.

Before the droplets of water could fall back on the ground, Hanabi was fast as usual.

Kakashi gasped when he put the two and two together and found out what she aiming for.

Shisui's clones lunged forward at Hanabi, not aware of the Chidori she was conjuring in her left hand. She rapidly pivoted on her heel again in the counter-clockwise direction, sending more droplets of rain flaring in the air.