Chapter 49, Bite Back Your Tongue

Itachi's P.O.V

"What have you done?", I stare back at him wide-eyed as I helplessly fall to my knees. My shoulders were shaking uncontrollably, and throughout the Valley all that was heard were my shrieks and sniffles.

This wasn't supposed to happen...This wasn't how it was supposed end for us...we were supposed to...

"How dare you?!", I screamed at the top of my lungs, my eyes clouded with the stillborn tears that I was too numb to shed. This pain jostled throughout my entire body, stirring up different emotions, all which contributed to my next move. My hand snaked to my sword and I gripped it tight before lunging right at Danzo.

I screamed as the tears flew right past me. My eyes no longer saw anything else except the criminal that stood right before me. The aching pain that throbbed in my chest was channeled into the striking of my sword. Danzo had simply smirked as he looked at me.

I grit my teeth together, my tears trickling down my face. He stood still before me as I was aiming for his chest. However, it doesn't matter how determined I was to kill Danzo because when my eyes connect with hers, my face had scrunched. Her face appeared right before my eyes and I shriek when I recall her face. My grip on the sword's handle had become shaky and then one thing was clear.

I can't do it...

I fell right on my knees and screamed out of frustration.

"Damn you Danzo!", I shouted, scrunching my eyes as I choked on my own voice. The burning tears were gushing out without a second thought.

How can I possibly take him down when I'm staring right into her eyes?

"Hanabi..", I shrieked, before I choked on my own voice when my chest clenched at our few memories, "I can't do this..."

"Of course you can't", Danzo's stern voice put me on alert again. The rain had become more pouring upon me. I frown like I never have before and clench my jaw as I chin up to look at Danzo, "you couldn't even slaughter your clan", he looked down upon me with disgust.

My eyes then dart ahead of Danzo and that's when my heart sank in my stomach and my arms fell to my sides, trembling.

There, at the near edge of the valley was the person that'd caused me all these emotions.

Hanabi Namikaze was on her knees as two of Danzo's underlings stood on either side of her. My breath had hitched in my throat as I painfully forced my eyes up to her face. That's the moment where my faith was shaken completely, right where I kneeled.

A bandage run across her empty eye sockets, concealing them completely. Her mouth was parted and her blonde hair was dull. Her shoulders were slumped and her limbs seemed to fall lifelessly. Something as traumatic as this had taken a toll on her and I'm witnessing it first hand.

She wasn't tied or anything, but her usually live spirit was no where in sight. Her presence was almost undetectable if you didn't see her.

"Hanabi...", I breathlessly whispered as I choked on my voice again. The wind blew out her fallen hair strands, revealing her impaled face.

"Hanabi!", I yelled out louder as I felt the stinking hot tears run down my cheeks. Despite from the inside I forced myself to feet, eager to get Hanabi back.