Nuclear

"Heal myself, no, maybe my wounds were just not as bad as you thought?" Kayla said nervously, her hands starting to shake.

"You are downplaying this," Timothee looked at her still with awe in his eyes, "You were torn up after that, you don't even have a scratch or scar now. We have to go tell Yvette!" He grabbed her hand and started walking back to the group.

Kayla was dazed for a moment, then pulled her hand out of his grasp quickly, pulling it to her chest. "Don't touch me!" A moment of hurt crossed Timothee's eyes, and then he realized why she had said this. Her mind flashed back to the close quarters they had shared since their first meeting, how they were locked in that supply closet, their faces only inches away from each other. The way he had touched her skin on her arms and face to help her come down from her panic attack. Chills traced her body at the memory of this moment, she shook it away.

She could have unintentionally already given the virus to Lexi, she couldn't stand the thought of passing it on more. "If I really do have the virus," she continued, "I don't want you to,"

"I understand, I'm sorry," Timothee answered, he moved a step away from her trying to make her feel more comfortable. The action pained her slightly, but he continued, "We have to tell Yvette, has she seen this?" He motioned to her once shredded abdomen.

"No, I had forgotten about it almost altogether, she must have too

"No, I had forgotten about it almost altogether, she must have too." Kayla answered, then thinking back to the conversation she had with Lexi earlier continued, "But Lexi even seems to be healing really well...."

When they got back to the group and Kayla showed her perfectly healed stomach and side to the group, they all stared in disbelief.

"You jumped over that staircase to save me, all those pipes and concrete was cutting into you, I could see it while you held me," Dante said amazed, "I saw how it was hurting you, how you tried to hide it, but it cut into you- bad. But now, not even a scratch?"

Kayla just nodded, she was so scared to see him fall to his death, she remembered searing pain as his body weight pulled her, but she pushed it aside to keep him from falling. Another thought occurred to her at this memory, but it danced and was fleeting, gone before she could take full hold of it and explore it- but she remembered thinking it was important.

"The Rabid," Timothee said, directing it toward Yvette, "they have healing abilities that far surpass uninfected humans."

Yvette was already scribbling into her notebook, "That does seem to be one of the side-effects, and would explain how Lexi is not in worse shape from her exposure and wound as well. This just furthers my theory that Kayla is indeed infected with some form of the virus." She finally snapped her notebook shut after taking a close look at Kayla, "It is more imperative than ever that we remain safety precautions, while Kayla and Lexi appear to be handling the virus well, that would not necessarily be the case for us." She looked to Dante and Timothee with a serious expression saying....stay away from the girls, the boys picked up on her signal and nodded.