Red

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: TO EVERYONE READING MY TIMMY STORY, QUARANTINE, I have made a change to some terminology. You will see I replaced the phrase "The Cure" with "The Vaccine" in any place where I am referring to what was used on people to help them defend against COVID, it is also the thing that ended up killing people or turning them Rabid. The Cure now represents what Timmy and the group are searching for to help turn the Rabid back to normal. I realized it was confusing to refer to both as the Cure as I had previously done and made the updates. Thank you for your continued support and hope you are enjoying it!And also, please if you are reading this, don't forget to vote on all chapters, it helps my story do better and get more traction:) Also I have been enjoying going back and reading comments so please tell me what you think as you read- I LOVE IT and it motivates me to keep going :)

-------------------------

As the group cycled toward the end of the bridge, Timmy heard a noise from behind a stranded car ahead of them. He immediately slammed on his brakes and held up his hand, motioning for everyone else to do the same. 

Timmy moved his mask below his chin and mouthed to Yvette, "Someone's at the end of the bridge," he picked up his hand and pointed to a rusted red Buick. 

Yvette nodded silently and got off of her bike, putting it down quietly. She pulled a gun from a holster that was strapped to her waist while pulling out another gun and handing it to Dante. Dante didn't need to be told what to do, in sync  they started moving toward the car, each approaching from a different side of it. 

Timothee backed up, closer to Lexi and Kayla, he mouthed to them, "Get ready to run if we need to

Timothee backed up, closer to Lexi and Kayla, he mouthed to them, "Get ready to run if we need to." 

The girls nodded, Kayla sneaking a look over to Lexi who was still looking pale from behind her mask. 

Suddenly, Yvette and Dante jumped in front of the car, guns drawn. 

"Red?" Kayla heard Dante say over the whistling of the wind. At that, Red walked into sight, hands raised above his head. When he walked into their line of vision, they noticed that his arm was injured, his shirt soaked through with blood and he looked pale and sweaty. 

Guns still drawn, Yvette and Dante started backing back up to their bikes. 

"Boy am I glad that I found you guys, Robin told me to wait here in case you guys were behind us while he went ahead," Red said. 

"What happened, Red?" Dante asked cautiously, maintaining a safe distance and a slow pace as he backed his way to his bike. 

"Oh, this?" Red looked over at his bloody arm that was no longer raised above his head. "Nothin' just a little scrape from tryin' to track down you kids this mornin'. Good thing you found them, Yvette, Mitch isn't gonna be too happy when he hears ya tried to escape y'know."  He walked closer and closer to the group with each word. 

"Did a rabid get you, Red?" Yvette asked the question on everyone's mind. 

"Ah they just got a little bite, nothin' I can't handle."