Rebels

A few minutes later, tensions still high, the group sat around in a circle in the abandoned store explaining their circumstances and catching up. Yvette was fuming, her position with the group now highly unstable, but at least no one was pointing weapons at her anymore. Kayla just sat, her face red under her mask, feelings of embarrassment and distrust eating away at her heart, she still couldn't bring herself to look at Timmy. So she kept her eyes focused on the newcomers in the group as they all talked, memorizing their names and trying to understand their connection.

From what she could gather, Beth and David were Outsiders turned Rebels. Both seemed to be in their mid-twenties and were definitely hardened from their lives spent as Outsiders. Beth was beautiful, and Kayla found she couldn't focus too much attention in her without a stabbing feeling in her heart. She had a strong and curvy build, was short, about as tall as Lexi, but held herself like she was 8 feet tall and the strongest in the room. Her dark hair contrasted against her bright blue eyes and Kayla couldn't bring herself to notice much more before turning her attention to David.

David was cautiously eyeing everyone in the room, he seemed non-trusting only giving respect and trust to Timmy and Beth. He was easily the tallest and strongest in the group, broad shoulders and dirty blonde hair that almost matched his brown eyes. His handsomeness seemed to invite you to look at him, but the stern look on his face shut him off from the world, it made Kayla wonder what happened in his life to make him so guarded.

As Kayla had first suspected, Cameron was the father of the young boy, Easton. He was probably in his 40's had a much different countenance to his Rebel counterparts, he was an Insider turned Rebel. His son, though also born and raised an Insider, had the attitude of an Outsider as his most of his formative years he was raised as a Rebel among other Outsiders.

The thing they all had in common from what Kayla could tell, was how they felt about Timothèe. He was their leader, the subordination they showed him wasn't due to fear, like how Mitch wielded his power over the Outsiders. These Rebels followed Timothèe out of respect, they believed and held on to his words. Just as Kayla once had.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Timothèe asked after a few minutes, Beth sitting at his side.

"Scott sent us out to Canada a few days after you left." David explained.

"I told Scott I could handle it on my own, not to send anyone else out; it's too dangerous." His voice was strained and frustrated.

"Obviously that's true, apparently you got yourself taken captive by the Outsiders!" Beth gestured to Yvette and Dante, "it's a miracle you got out of that mess, you should have never gone out by yourself in the first place, no one on the council agreed with that decision."

"I had it under control." He said, his voice still strained, "And Agreed or not they should have listened to me."

"You left Scott in charge, sir," Cameron spoke up, "We volunteered once he let us know he wanted a secondary group to travel to the facility. The Rabids and attacks from the Outsiders have only gotten worse since you left, with you not there to lead us, we had no other choice." Kayla noticed how Cameron spoke to Timmy more like a friend than a leader, like he had known him for years, that calling him 'sir' was a weird formality.

Yvette perked up the more information that Cameron gave out.

"And why did you volunteer, Cameron? And you brought Easton, what were you thinking?" Timothèe asked, clearly not convinced.

"I can handle it sir, really! I can shoot even better than Dad now." Easton was eager to prove himself to Timmy, pulling out his gun and aiming it, "See!"