Questions

After an endless amount of questions from Yvette to Lexi, that both Timothèe and Yvette listened intently for answers, "When exactly did you get The Vaccine, when did you first start noticing symptoms of a weakened immune system, how often do you get sick," and then more awkwardly, "when did your parents die?" Taking thorough notes in her notebook the whole time.

Lexi was then finally the one who got her questions answered from Kayla, "Where have you been, what happened to you? Yvette is an Outsider? You want us to go to Canada, with more Outsiders? And Timothèe Chalamet is coming with us?"

Kayla didn't realize how ridiculous her last few days had sounded until Lexi started questioning everything she told her, but it was true. She left out certain details, not wanting to worry Lexi anymore than she had to, and not wanting to give away too much information in front of Yvette.

For instance the Outsiders were there strictly to protect and guide Lexi and Kayla to Canada and the testing facility, as it was in the best interest of the leader of the Outsiders to "help" the rabid.  She didn't tell Lexi the threats her and Timothèe had received from the very group that would be accompanying them.

She also didn't tell Lexi all the details of what had happened between her and Timothèe, just that they had met when both trying to hide from the Outsiders  and not get caught in the acid rain.

Lexi had been protected, if not over protected, her whole life, she was used to it. But she also knew the harsh reality of the world she lived in, and knew Kayla was hiding details from her. She couldn't help but be suspicious of Timothèe, the way he looked at Kayla as she spoke and even the way he occasionally looked at her, even though he tried to help it.

She could feel the weight of pressure from Timothèe and Yvette- looking at her and expecting her to be the answer to their problems.

Finally after all the explaining had been done Yvette spoke up, "It's too late to start our travels now, it's starting to get dark- we will start first thing in the morning. It'll give us a chance to rest and pack for our journey. I'm going to let the," she hesitated here, trying to think of another term to call the Outsiders outside, "rest of the group know so we can all bunker down for the night."

She smiled at the group and went toward the front of the apartment.

"I'm going to go shower really quick. Timothèe," Kayla turned toward him, "you can use it after me. Lexi can you show him where the food is?"

Once the shower turned on, Lexi was sitting across the kitchen from Timothèe eyeing him suspiciously as he ate some food.

"Why do you care so much about getting a cure for these," she paused at the new term she had just learned earlier, "rabid?"

"What makes you think I do?"

"You were on your way there already when you met Kayla for that very reason, thats a risky trip for anyone to make, much less a famous. And, the way you keep looking at me. As if I'm the answer."

He hesitated, the simple truth of her words shaking him to his core, "The answer to what?"

"To everything."

He looked down at his humble plate of food in front of him. "Everyone has lost someone to this Vaccine, maybe I'm trying to do right by the people I have lost."

Lexi considered this for a moment, and then slowly, "No, it's more than that." Timothee laughed at that, surprising Lexi, "What?" She asked annoyed.

"Nothing you just, you remind me of my sister is all."

"What happened between you two anyways?" Lexi nodded her head toward the bathroom.

Timothèe bent his head down to cover his face, a couple curls falling in front of his eyes, "Nothing. I mean, not nothing, it's just," he ventured a look back up at the girl with curly black hair across the room and back down at his plate. He then spoke hurriedly, "Listen she saved my life multiple times since we met a couple days ago. She didn't have to put herself in a place of danger to help a total stranger, but she did. And when she had the chance to rat me out and escape herself- she didn't. I just..." he paused here and looked at Lexi feeling blush rise to his pale face, "you just don't meet people like that, not in this world. It's... rare. I owe her my life."