20. Gryfindor versus Ravenclaw

We were all sitting in the common room when a commotion was going on with Ron, Hermione and Harry.

"Okay side with Ron, I knew you would!" Hermione said, "first the fire bolt now Scabbers, everything is my fault isn't it?"

Ron was grieving over his stupid fat rat and he took it very hard.

"Come on Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," Fred said to his younger brother. "And he has been off colour for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him gone in one swallow and he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" Ginny and I shouted at him.

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron you said it yourself," George said.

"Both of you stop it." I snapped at the pair.

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said. "Remember, Harry.

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.

"His finest hour," Fred said I could see him trying not to laugh, "the scar on Goyle's finger can stand as a lasting tribute to his memory."

"We can go to Hogsmead and I'll buy you a new rat." I tell Ron as he looks like he might pitch himself off the astronomy tower.

- - - -

We were doing quidditch practice and Madam Hooch was supervising us and taking advantage of this by admiring Harry's new fire bolt.

"Look at the balance on it! If the Nimbus series has a fault, it's a slight list to the tail-end you often find they develop a drag after a few years. They've updated the handle too a bit slimmer than the Cleansweeps, reminds me of the old Silver Arrows - a pity they've stopped making them, I learnt to fly on one, and a very fine old broom too..." she continued talking and admiring the broom until Oliver interrupted her.

"Er Madam Hooch? Is it okay if Harry had the Firebolt back? Only we need to practice..."

"Oh right here you are, then, Potter," said Madam Hooch, "I'll sit over here with Weasley..."

Madam Hooch and Ron let the pitch to sit in the stands as we all gather around Oliver for his word on tomorrow's match with Ravenclaw.

"So Harry, I've just found out who the Ravenclaw are playing as seeker. Her name is Cho Chang, she is a fourth year and she is pretty good. However she rides a Comet Two Sixty which is going to look like a joke next to the firebolt." He said boldly, he has his cocky pants on this week.

"Okay everyone let's go."

We all mounted our brooms and kicked off the ground and went to practice.

- - - -

It was the best practice we have ever had and Oliver didn't seem to have a single criticism which was a first and probably a last. We walked back to the common room and Fred and I was hand in hand together.

"That was a good practice hopefully tomorrow will go as good as that." I say as I stifle a yawn.

"Yeah it should, the fact Oliver had not one thing to say says it al really." Fred said we all looked tired from practice.

"I think we should have an early night tonight as we have the game tomorrow and we are going to need our energy." Angelina tells us.