33. The Portkey

I jumped out of bed with Fred trying to pull me back.

"I'm going to get ready, so you need to let go." I tell him and he holds me tighter.

"Fred come on." He finally let's go and I go to the room I share with Ginny and grab my clothes that I would be wearing today. And go to the bathroom.

I brush my teeth, wash my face and brush my hair before changing into my jeans and top a long with a jacket. I then walk down the hall and see Fred and George walking down the stairs.

Molly was making breakfast while Arthur made sure he had everything for today.

"Where's Bill, Charlie and Percy?" George asks yawning.

"Well, they're Apparating aren't they?" Molly says as she brought a pot of porridge to the table and dishing it into bowls.

"So they're still in bed?" Fred said in a grumpy tone as we pull out porridge bowls towards us.

"Can't we apparate, too?" I ask yawning, as I pick up my spoon.

"No because you aren't of age and you haven't got your test." She tells me, then walking out of the room.

"You have to pass a test to apparate?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes, the department of magical transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for apparating without a licence. It's not easy, apparition and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and got themselves splinched." Arthur says tucking the tickets into the back pocket of his jeans.

We all winced apart from Harry.

"Splinched?" Harry asked.

"They left half of themselves behind, so of course they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the accidental magic reversal squad to sort them out. Meant a fair bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind..."

"Were they okay?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes, but they got a hefty fine. And I don't think they'll be trying it again in a hurry. You don't mess around with apparition. There are plenty of adult wizards who don't bother with it. Prefer brooms - slower but safer." Arthur tells Harry as the rest of us eat breakfast.

"But Bill, Charlie and Percy can do it?" Harry replied.

"Charlie had to take the test twice, he dailies the first time, apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping remember?" Fred said grinning, and we all laugh lightly.

"Yes, well, he passed second time." Molly said as she walked back into the room.

"Percy only passed two weeks ago and he's been apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can." George told Harry as I lean my head on Fred's shoulder.

I zone out for a couple of minutes daydreaming which was then disturbed by Molly shouting.

"George!" Molly shouted which startled us all causing us all to jump.

"What?" George said trying to sound innocent.

"What's in your pocket?" She asks.

"Nothing!" George protested.

"Don't you lie to me!" She shouts at him, as she points her wand at his pocket, "Accio."

The ton-tongue toffees came flying out of his pocket.

"I thought we told you to destroy them!" Molly shouts furiously holding the sweets up. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets all three of you."