43. The Goblet of Fire

The day passed slowly, I kept processing the words of the letter through my head over and over again, I need to write to my dad who isn't actually my dad, well Micheal.

We were all now sitting in the Great Hall waiting for the three champions to be announced, the Goblet of Fire had been moved in front of the teachers table.

"I hope it's Angelina." Fred said from down the table. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

As tonight was the Halloween feast that meant having food we never normally had, but we had another feast last night so that kind of ruined it. Everyone was seeing if Dumbledore had finished yet. We were all excited to see who had been selected as champions.

Finally, the golden plates returned to their original states before the food had covered them. Dumbledore stood up from his chair and the excitement in the room was evident. Ludo Bagman along with Barty Crouch were also sitting at the table. Bagman looked excited and winked at some students. Mr Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision, I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber," Dumbledore said pointing to the door, "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Dumbledore took out his wand and gave it a wave and all the candles throughout the room except the ones inside the carved pumpkins, so we was now in a state of darkness.

"Any second," I hear Lee say from down the table, I miss him so much.

The flames inside the Goblet turned red and then a piece of parchment was then spat out, the whole room stared at the piece of paper that Dimbledore caught.

"The champion for Durmstrang, will be Viktor Krum." He read from the piece of paper.

There was a massive around of applause heard from around the room and Viktor got up from the table and walked towards the chamber. The clapping them died down and a second piece of parchment shot out of the Goblet.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" There was another around of applause but not as loud for the girl who resembled a Veela got up from the table and followed the way Viktor went.

The Goblet of Fire turned red once more spitting another piece of parchment out and Dumbledore grabbed it and read aloud, "the Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" The Hufflepuff table roared loudly and I joined them getting some odd looks off of my housemates.

As he walks off to where the other champions went he gave me a wink as the applause continued.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore said loudly, "well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every once of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-" before Dumbledore could finish the Goblet turned red again and the Goblet spit another price of parchment out.

Dumbledore clears his throat and reads the name out, "Harry Potter."

Every single person in the Great Hall turned towards Harry and he looked even more shocked then the rest of us felt.

He turned and said something to Ron and Hermione who both looked blankly at him.

"Harry Potter! Harry! Up here if you please!" Dumbledore shouts and he walks to the teachers table and through the same door the other three champions walked though.