Treacherous Plan

Hajime was stunned.

"Help you...I don't understand (Y/N)." He worriedly asked. She didn't dare to meet his eyes and her gaze only lingered on the floor. She clenched them shut before tightly gripping his hands.

"I-I'm scared Hajime..." She shakily breathed out. Her stand starting to falter with her head lowered.

Something was obviously wrong and the ace didn't know what. He called out her names a few times to which she didn't answered. (Y/N) only held his wrists to cling onto reality.

She snapped out of it when Hajime grasped her face. "(Y/N)! What's wrong?!" Her mouth fell open and she tried to utter a few words.

"Kaito-"

"Hajime! Dinner's ready. Bring your girlfriend as well, your father will be home in a few minutes." Kanae called out after knocking his son's door cutting off (Y/N).

Hajime had never been so pissed before and hastily replied. "We'll be done in a few minutes mom!"

A brief 'okay' was heard and he looked around to see (Y/N) hugging herself from across the room with her back to him. "You can go first. I'll be down in a sec."

Hajime gritted his teeth. "No. You hadn't finish. What did Kai-"

"Just go Hajime. Please." She spoke desperately but with firm laced in her voice.

He faltered for a moment. Clenching his fists tightly, he wordlessly complied and head downstairs leaving the door open.

Shakily sighing, she ran her fingers through her tousled hair. Her mind going back to the white haired male that she had used to adore.

-

"Your cooking's great Kanae san!" (Y/N) chirped while rinsing her hands after washing the dishes. Hajime's father, Miura, had came home shortly after the (h/c) presented herself downstairs with dinner already laid out on the dining table.

Miura and the girl talked for a bit before the male walked upstairs to freshen up a bit and promptly joining them for a meal together. Said man was now enjoying a warm cup of earl grey.

"Oh thank you dear. I've been in the kitchen for a long time especially for this baby right here. He's quite demanding when he was little." Kanae joked while pinching his son's cheek. He squirmed in her hold before pulling for his dear life.

"Mom! Let-khh-go!" He managed to sputter out while choking on his saliva. (Y/N) slapped his back a few times to relieve him when he was coughing. His mother only laughed at her son's antics knowing full well she was the culprit.

"I'll be heading upstairs first Kanae-san. Give my thanks to Miura-san." (Y/N) bowed to Kanae. "Alright dear. How will you be going to school tomorrow? Do you need us to drive you back?" The woman asked. "Oh, my mom will be picking me up tomorrow morning. She sends her regards."

"That's lovely. Now go get some sleep. You have school tomorrow." (Y/N) hugged Kanae and the former went upstairs wordlessly. Hajime eyed her and wanted to follow until his father called him.

"Hajime. Let's have a word." The stone cold man spoke firmly. Said male gulped and went to sit beside his father in the living room. He glanced at his mother who smiled at them and went to her and her husband's room upstairs. He looked back to see his father sitting properly and setting his cup down.

"I see you have a girlfriend now." Miura spoke firmly.

The ace nodded while gripping the fabric of his pants. He knew his parents relationship wasn't very good like now. He's sure that his father wanted to talk about his relationship now that he had seen (Y/N).

"You're a big boy now, Hajime. I don't have to lecture you and I trust you." He clasped his hands together. Dark piercing orbs shone into Hajime's. "I hope you've been treating her well."

Hajime forced a meek smile and nodded. "Good." His father sighed and placed his hand on his son's shoulder. "Don't be like me Hajime. I wasn't so...nice to your mother."

The ace perked up. Even though he knew about their mishaps, he never really knew what had actually happened between them. "When we started dating, I rarely had time for your mother. And if I had some problems at work, I would unconsciously took it out on her including me screaming at her. We lived together since both our parents pressured us to marry and she never had a problem with that. But I would always avoided your mother so I would never hurt her physically but...I know her heart burns at my words."

"She was so patient for me. And I would ignore her advances to help me relax and without knowing I began to push her away." Miura's eyes began to downcast and trail on the floor.

"Until one day..."

"Her ex came to see her."

Hajime's eyes widened. It felt like watching some kind of drama but knowing this happened to his parents peaked his interest. "They broke up when we moved in together. And when I came home I saw him at our front door talking to her. She was visibly uncomfortable and the next thing I knew my fist was in his face."

"We fought and I stopped when I heard her crying. I quickly brought her inside and calmed her down." He chuckled at that memory. "That night ended in sex though." A slight snicker could be heard from Miura while Hajime grimaced with his eyes squinted.

He does not want to hear about his parents having sex.

"Few weeks later, we found out a cute developing foetus or embryo or whatever was sleeping in his mommy's tummy." Hajime revelled in the sight of his father softly smiling. "Your mother was scared of me leaving her. During the night of her telling me, she didn't know I was bringing home a marriage registration."

"This was in your twenties right?"

"Correct. I was so shocked when I found out she was pregnant but I was so happy. I handed my business to my co-founder for the time being and I gave her all the attention she deserved."

"It may seem like you're a mistake Hajime."

He rubbed his son's shoulder. "But trust me when I say you brought us together. We were legally married but I always knew she wanted a celebration so a year after you were born she was walking down the aisle into my arms at the altar with you and your aunt holding you as the ring bearer."

"My love life wasn't perfect. But it was the best for me. And I know your mom deserved better." Miura smiled. "And I will continue to work harder to be the best husband for her."

"Treat her well Hajime. Who knows. She might be the best turn you ever had in your life."