A pint of blood

"Hey. Are you...Fujimori Eiko?"

The small girl turned around to see a third year peering down at her. If it was her old self she would've flinched and possibly froze right then and there but she regained her composure and responded politely. "Yes that's me. Do you want to ask me something?"

Her dimples appearing on her small features as a soft smile with alluring eyes shone to the male in front of her.

Hajime seemed hesitant but he confided anyways. "You used to date (Y/N) right?"

Eiko was confused at the odd question but nodded nevertheless. "You're...Iwaizumi right? The one she's currently dating?"

The ace gave a firm 'yes' and Eiko seemed to already knew what he had wanted to ask her. "I'm assuming you're having problems with your relationship?"

The brunette's jaw became firm as he clenched his own tight behind closed lips and his eyes lowered to the floor. Eiko giggled. Her soft pink hair that she had dyed flowing gently with the wind caressing her short locks.

"Let's talk outside shall we?"

-

Hajime fidgeted as he sat on the bench next to the second year who patted her skirt so it wouldn't be flown by the wind and she looked beside her and began to speak again. "Have you guys done it?"

The male blushed. "Done what?" "You know what I'm talking about." Eiko giggled against the hand that covered her mouth.

Cute.

Is what she thought as she looked at the blushing and fidgety ace who nervously answered. "...no..." Eiko hummed and she leaned on the bench and peered at the sakura tree that was above them providing shade.

"You really need to be patient with her."

Hajime snapped out of his blushy state and glanced at Eiko. "She always try to stay rational at all times but she doesn't want to give herself a break. Looking back at our relationship, I realised a lot of things I misread about her."

"(Y/N) wants the best out of all of us. That's probably one of the reasons why she rarely rejects people's confessions." Eiko sighed. "Except for those who are already problematic or just plain rude in general."

"She can't express herself very well and tends to easily snap. She hates to yell at people." The girl thought more deeply.

"There's always someone pulling her back though. Someone who's always behind her. A third party."

Hajime perked at the mention of a stranger in their relationship. He hastily asked her. "Do you think its Kaito?"

Eiko tilted her head. "The student council president?"

"Hmm...possibly."

Hajime gritted his teeth. He wanted to know what that bastard had up his sleeve.

"I might be wrong but he seems too kind for that sort." The girl hummed.

Hajime seemed to disagree but he avoided that for now. "The day before yesterday...(Y/N) went to my house to stay the night. She mentioned something about noises in her head?"

"You mean voices?"

"Yeah I meant- wait." He placed his body to face her properly. "You knew about this...? She mentioned this to you before." Eiko grimaced at his harsh tone but calmed herself down.

"Yes. She asked me to help her through one of her episodes. I'm familliar."

"Episodes?"

"(Y/N) sometimes bottle up all of her frustrations. She likes to isolate herself from others and when we were together she would ask me to help her to calm herself down." Eiko brought up her hands to her own head.

"She would take my hands and pressed them to her ears. Like this." The girl pressed her palms against her ears. "She said it helps to keep them quiet."

The pink haired girl seemed to hesitate for her next words and decided against it. "I don't think you should listen from me. It's not my place to tell the whole story. I only told you this much because your her current lover."

Hajime nodded. "I won't tell anyone else. This ends here." The girl seemed glad at his assurance.

"However there's a rumour going on about her. This was way past back when your batch was a first year."

The brunette raised an eyebrow. "What rumour?"

"That she's a seedling."

His face faltered for a second and he hurriedly inquired more. "But I thought those stopped a long time ago? There aren't anymore cases of seedlings appearing in our region."

"That's a bit far fetched. The media was silenced about these topics. I heard her family was caught up in it."

"You don't mean-?"

"She's afraid to fall in love."

Fear flashed through his mind and he visibly stiffened. Eiko became worried for him. "Hey! It's just some dumb rumours and my own speculation. I could be wrong!"

"Even if she doesn't fall in love with you doesn't mean that the world is ending! Love doesn't define you neither does she." She placed one of her hand on his shoulder. "Love isn't everything alright? People seem to think that you can never live without a partner and that's wrong and you know it!"

"You'll be fine Iwaizumi. Trust me. I just know it."

He stayed silent at first until his shoulders flushed. "...don't you hate her...?"

"Me? Hate who?" Eiko was confused.

"(Y/N)."

"And why is that?"

"For leaving you..."

Ah.

Eiko saw it. She saw the problem within Hajime.

"Iwaizumi..."

Hajime made eye contact with her. Her gaze held such a longing feeling filled with saddened memories.

"She never left me."

Ha?

Hajime seemed taken aback. His mouth opened to ask but Eiko beat him to it.

"I was the one who dumped her..."