Pitter patter, I fell down the ladder

Sighing heavily, the girl hoisted her bag onto her back and slid on the pair of running shoes she always brought with her to school. Having already grabbed a light breakfast, she wanted to go to school extra early today.

"You're going already dear?"

(Y/N) glanced back to see her mother with her robe wrapped around her figure staring at her with a soft gaze. Probably waking up from the noises she made in the kitchen.

The (h/c) nodded. "Yeah. I wanted to do some extra laps today. Is that fine with you?"

"Of course. Do what you need dear. Just be safe alright?" Hanae (L/N) walked to her daughter and enveloped her in a short hug. (Y/N) stiffly returned the hug and grabbed her shoes bag.

"I'll see you after school mom." She said while twisting the doorknob open.

"Wait."

The girl paused and glanced behind to see her mother hesitating to speak. "Do you...want to go tomorrow with us?"

Her words were stuck in her throat and she coughed lightly before answering. "Sure I guess...when are you going?"

"We planned to go in the morning. Your father has a business meeting in the afternoon. Can you...make it somehow?" Her mother hopefully asked.

The third year prompted softly to her. "You know I have school tomorrow. Mid-year exams are coming up and I don't want to skip class."

"I'm sorry mom. I think I'll go alone."

Her mother's face was visibly disappointed before she put up a smile. "It's alright. Just call me when you go there."

"...sure."

-

Stretching her limbs, she flexed her feet with a groan and jumped lightly a few times to warm up. The soft glow of the horizon calmed her. Breathing in the fresh air since the night before had been rained heavily and it could be seen by the amount of puddles by the sidewalk.

Her mother never really trusted her to walk back on her own even to this age not until she met her friends and got their numbers then she would rest at the topic. After meeting Hajime, her mother was delightful to finally meet one of her lovers since she never brought one home other than the albino.

Her father, Shiori (L/N), was impressed by the ace and was more than welcome to have him in their home.

Hajime...

She thought of the ace and remembered her words when she spoke to Kin last week

-

"I'll break up with him sooner or later."

-

Her mind paused when she remembered those words. To be honest, no matter how many times she had proclaimed her love to him when they had sex she knew that she didn't really mean it...

Or did she? Maybe she never did.

She was confused herself. The word 'love' was common to her that it never really held sentimental value to it. So the blistering question whether she loved him or not. The answer was probably....

...no.

The girl felt guilty. Maybe. She knew it was wrong being in a relationship but never returning their feelings. But she didn't know what to do. She couldn't really force herself to love him. He was so nice.

She wanted to fall in love with him.

But she couldn't.

(Y/N) wondered if he would even let her.