"I'll see you Monday, beautiful," I tell her, giving her one final kiss on her lips and watch as she disappears through the gate behind her.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

        WALKING INTO the house, I hear the sounds of the tv playing in the background from the sitting room. I'm literally about to walk into the lion's den when Nic finds out what I've been up to, but it was for our own good. I needed to be selfish, to disobey him against his wishes because Ryan was worth it. One hundred percent worth it and I've never wanted someone or something so badly in all my life.
   Getting closer I see Nic sitting on the sofa still in his sweatpants and tank that he always wears at the gym. He has one arm up, over the back of the couch and his other holding a tumbler filled with dark liquor. I know he hasn't been back long because he had a training session at the gym and Larry only lets Nic train on his own on a Saturday if he requests it - not starting till at least 11pm. I sit next to him, lifting my arm to rest on the back of the couch to support my head, I'm exhausted but I need to have a chat with him and explain what happened tonight.

"You're back late? Where'd you go?" He smirks as he lifts his glass to his lips to take a sip, never looking away from the tv screen.

"I was with Ryan," I say without missing a beat. Nic's movement stops in their tracks as he hears Ryan's name, his glass floating in mid air and I look over to him, seeing his eyes shift to the clock looking at the time. It's late, really late and I can only smirk a little thinking about what we were doing.

"It's 12:45 Nat, you've been with her this whole time?" He says surprised.

"I had dinner with her, Pete and Carrie, then we went out for ice cream afterwards."

"Again," he says as he pushes himself forward, placing his glass on the table and turning his eyes towards me with a stone cold glare, "it's 12:45 Nat, where did you go for ice cream till past midnight?"

The room is silent and I hesitate to answer him because I already feel the tension in the room as soon as I mentioned her name. Ryan has always been a tough topic for us to discuss. I was always begging to be with her and Nic always refusing what we both wanted. He always said it was to protect her, to protect us. Most of our conversations alone involving Ryan normally ended in an argument with raised voices, and one of us storming off. We never got physical, ever, but she was always a subject that needed to be handled with sensitivity.
   His blue eyes turn a few shades darker, meaning he's getting angry and if I know Nic, he's gonna he furious knowing I went behind his back with Ryan tonight. But like I said - it was selfish and I was hoping it paid off in the long run.

"Will you listen to what I have to say before you get all pissy with me?"

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?" He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Nothing, but I want you to listen to what I have say and not say a word till I'm finished, deal?" I ask him.

Nic raises his eyebrows at me in question and there's probably a million questions running through his mind wondering what I'm about to tell him, but he'll never guess. I made a promise, we both did and if there was one thing we Greyson brothers did, we did not break a promise to each other... well, until now.

"Just spit it out and I'll decide if I'm going to kill you or not."

"I went to ask Ryan about what we discussed - her coming to work for us while she's back home as our PA. She's gonna come down to the office Monday and spend a few hours there. I'll get Emma to give her the walk around in case she's forgotten and then-"