Chapter 21

R Y A N

IT WAS MONDAY and I was in the elevator at Greyson Designs, making my way to the top floor. Nate had asked me to come down to the office around lunchtime for a quick walk around, to see how I felt about being their new PA. In all honesty I had my answer as soon as Nate proposed it to me, but I was still thinking about his other burning question non stop. After catching up with Sophie at lunch yesterday it got me thinking really hard about the Greyson Brothers and what Nate actually meant by 'them both wanting me'. I was confused and conflicted over my feelings and I really didn't know what to do.
   Ever since I had been back from college all I ever thought about was them. They consumed every thought in my head during the day and starred in every dream I had at night. I only ever thought about them and I needed to ask them what their intentions really were. Was this a casual thing? Or something more?

I checked my reflection in the mirror of the elevator, smoothing down my white ruffled shirt and black trousers. Luckily enough I had clothes in my wardrobe that fitted working in an office and even had Sophie help me buy a pair of flat black shoes because I didn't want to look bad walking around the office in my Vans. Even though I was tempted to.
   The floor numbers count up as I go pass each floor until the elevator dings at the top of the building - the 35th floor and I turn around looking left to right as I walk out. It's been so long since I've been here, but everything still looks the same, it just has a new coat of paint.
   The walls were painted white with three black vertical stripes painted in the middle around the room. The large floor to ceiling windows gave you a great view of the city with two love seats and a chair facing towards the view. In the middle of the room was a large black double desk with a glass top, on the front in gold lettering was 'Greyson Designs'. When I look over the desk I then notice the women sitting behind it as she looks up at me with a smile.

"Ah, Ryan?" The blonde haired women, roughly in her mid-twenties says standing up. She's dressed in a navy blouse, unbuttoned to a dangerously low level and I mentally roll my eyes at the sight. She clearly is a Greyson groupie, there were many of them when I worked here and whenever one of them pasted through to see their Mother or Grandfather they would swoon as soon as the boys stepped off the elevator. "I'm Molly, I'm the receptionist, if you carry on down that hall, take a left, Emma is waiting for you." She says gesturing to the hallway on her left.

"Thank you." I smile politely and head towards where she pointed, even though I knew exactly where I was going.

Walking down the corridor, I pass all the conference rooms that have glass walls, making them feel open. The floor to ceiling windows still dominate the rooms with its view as the rays of sunshine stream onto the floor and reflecting off of the large, black glass tables. To my left, the same white and black striped walls that were in the reception area carry on down the hallway, but are filled with pictures of different buildings. All of these are pictures of a building that either Mrs Greyson's or her Father designed themselves and I think back to Mrs Greyson showing me this wall when I first started here in high school.
   I pass a few people that must be dropping off documents or have been in a meeting, all with faces I don't really remember or have never seen before. I politely smile back at them and then follow the corridor round to the left. As I get to the end, the room opens up to a large round room, two black double doors sit next to each other. When I worked here Mrs Greyson had the office to the right while her Fathet had the other one. Unless you worked closely with them you didn't know whose office was whose because they weren't marked, but now I can clearly see the black plaques next to each door, the one on my right in blue reads 'Nathan Greyson' while the other reads 'Nicholas Greyson' in red. Even on their office doors they show their personalities and I chuckle at the sight, shaking my head.
   When I look around the room that I once called my office and will once again after today, I see that it's been updated. The white coloured walls that once were here are now a deep navy, four black and white silhouette pictures are hung up with a large black mirror between the two office doors. Just like the reception and conference rooms the windows are floor to ceiling, opening up the space with light. I can't believe I get to look at this view while I'm here. The one desk that use to be here is now two separate ones, black in colour, each facing each other on either side of the room. That's when I notice her and my smiles widens.