Chapter 9

R Y A N

AFTER DANCING to a few more songs I gesture to Matthew that I need a drink. I wander through the sea of people and head towards the bar, leaning over trying to get one of the bartenders attention. A blonde guy with a headband pulling back the hair off his face and deep hazel eyes smiles my way, asking me for my order.

"What can I get you gorgeous?" He smiles, looking me up and down, a smirk on his face as he eats me up.

An embarrassing blush of pink heats up my skin from his intense stare, but then a sudden brush of confidence fills me as I use him flirting with me to order myself a drink. "If I say rum and coke will you not ask for my ID?"

"Sorry sweetness, but I'm on strict orders," he smiles cheekily.

"A coke is fine," I say rolling my eyes. He chuckles, nodding and takes a glass from behind the bar, popping the top off a glass bottle of coke. I tell him to just give me the bottle and I ask for just a straw instead. He does what I ask and moves to the next person waiting in line. I take a sip of my drink when a pair of hands covers my eyes from the back of me. I feel a warm breath on my ear and the familiar scent of citrus and a musky cologne.

"Three guesses... guess right and you win a prize," the deep voice says.

"Alexander Skarsgard?"

"Nope," the deep voice says as he pops the P and chuckles, deep from the back of his throat.

"Really was hoping you was him... damn," I say and I hear him chuckle again. "Okay... Tom Hardy?"

"Nope, one more guess," the velvetly voice says.

"Chris Pratt?"

"You lost," the voice says, a slight sense of disappointment in his words.

I turn around and see grey piercing eyes staring back at me, his amazing smile beams with his cute dimples on either side and his hair is side parted, brushed back neatly. He is wearing a electric blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the top few buttons undone showing off just the slightest bit of skin. Giggling to myself in my head, I look down at the dress trousers and shoes, knowing full well he'd feel more comfortable in jeans and t-shirt right now. Looking at his large frame I can see that he's gotten bigger, actually no, he's gotten wider than the last time I saw him. No idea how's that possible, but he definitely has. Nate. I smile at him and grab him for a hug, wrapping my arms round his neck as I pull his face into my neck.

"Oh, I've missed the way he smells," I think as I take in his scent.

"Nate!"

Hugging me tighter, he burys his head in the crook my neck and I hear him take a deep breathe. Clearly doing the same as I did. His lips dance on my skin as he says with a suprise, "when did you get home?"

"Last night," he pulls away from me, sliding his hands down my torso and resting them on my hips, his finger tips brushing my skin lightly which tickle me a little.

"Last night? Why didn't you come by the house?" He furrows his brows and looks a little hurt.

"Friday night Nate?... Still date night, right? I was never allowed over on date night."

"Yep... err Friday night is date night," he says pulling away a little, looking uncomfortably towards the ground. "We didn't know you was coming back, you never said anything about coming home. It's... it's been a while," he smiles weakly.

"Yeah, errr... I've been busy with college and stuff, plus Christmas in New York is way prettier than there."

"I bet it is," Nate says looking me up and down, still holding me. The air around us is thick, tense, but not uncomfortable as he stares at every square inch of my body. I feel self conscious under his gaze and I want to take a step back from him, not because I'm uncomfortable in any sort of bad way, but I just need a minute. I just want to turn away from his overwhelming stare for a breather, however, his touch on my skin is so familiar and his eyes are so intense, I'm rooted to the spot.