Chapter Twenty Five - The Gods Of Chaos

Start from the beginning

Jimin's eyes were full of tears, as I pouted my lip, and knelt down next to him, putting my head on his shoulder.

JK's grunt as he pulled his wrists apart out of the handcuffs, and went ahead to start on his brothers. I felt the heat from Yoongi as he melted the thick metal away from him.

None of us spoke, while looking at each other for a handful of seconds.

"I knew you wouldn't do as you are told" Joon said, and I watched the gentle smile appear on his lips, looking between Tae and I.

I flashed a grin.

JK pulled me in for a hug, putting his hand over my shoulder as we walked back to our rucksacks. Shasta screeched above us, making Joon look up with a knowing smile.

"What the fuck was that voice though?" Jin asked, walking next to Hobi.

Joon shook his head, "I have a feeling, it's another descendant. None of them were speaking were they?"

Tae and I shook our heads.

Joon took a large breath in, rubbing each of his wrists that had large red welts on them.

All of us were still on very high alert. And I noticed I definitely felt a little mentally tired from all of the use. I let the nature seep into my soul, filling me with warmth around my chest.

Tae looked over at me, and rose an eyebrow. I wondered if he could feel if felt a little drained.

"I know you don't like feeding from souls. But take one of the ones that you gave to me" he breathed out, his lips pouting slightly.

I burrowed my eyebrows together. I don't know why I didn't just start letting the souls seep in through my skin, I thought of the fact that Persephone was the Goddess of the underworld as well, it was a massive reason onto why I could see the souls around me. It just didn't feel right in my soul to feed from it.

I shook my head.

Tae came over to me as we walked, and took my hand. He knew this was the only way he could help to heal me, was through touching. He noticed as well as I do that if we were physically touching, it just made us feel instantly at ease, pulling away any negative thoughts.

It didn't take long for us to get back to our rucksacks. Joon looked up at Shasta as I covered the bright sky with large clouds, taking the heat from the sun away from us, and added a gentle breeze to cool us.

The large tanned owl darted to the right, leading us further into the forest.

I felt proud of us suddenly, the fact that we managed to get through that just then. We had so many hunters against just the eight of us, this was all so new to us, having to fight them again after so many years. I was trusting in myself more and more, and finding that I just had to relax my mind more and follow my physical instincts.

We stopped after half an hour, we all need to just take a breather and drink, and even eat. I let the sun beam down on Hobi, and he came me a big smile. I enjoyed this of having them all back with us, even though we were separated for only short while, the threat of worrying about harm coming to them right at this second had gone.

The sun was starting to lower in the sky, filling the sky in a yellow haze right at the bottom, as soft clouds started to fill the horizon.

I was pushing with my mind in front of me, I was not going to let us fall trap into anything again.

The map turned into lots of tiny white flecks, as I knew we were coming up to some water. Jimin turned to look around at us, with a big smile. I knew he could sense the water.

We could see the waterfall right in front of us, as we broke through the trees, giving us a much better view. We all stopped walking, as Tae rubbed his thumb over my knuckle. I could barely take my eyes away from the beauty of it, as Shasta started to dive towards the waterfall, going down the crashing water into the river in front of us, as the water leant to the right in front of us, falling of another cliff, making a second waterfall.

He circled back up and glided along the slight breeze, going over it again.

All of us were quiet, just staring at the waterfall. I could feel the mixed emotion, some nervous, some eager, and others apprehensive. 

I wasn't sure what I felt, but something was differently pulling me in the direction at the bottom of the waterfall, the way the spray from the water joining the lake, it was almost glistening at me.

I looked over at Jimin, and in the same time he looked to his left, directly at me. He gave me a little smile, "we can walk on the water, it's fine"

We all watched him as he began walking forwards, and his fingers daintily reached out as he pushed his hands away from his body. The water almost lit up as his trainers touched it, shooting out a current of turquoise, rippling the water for a few feet around him.

Tae pulled my hand gently as we all began walking. It was strange on how solid the lake felt under my feet, as I looked down, my shoes weren't even getting wet.

The sound of the waterfall was all we could hear at this point as we got so close, but it wasn't deafening, if anything it was a comforting sound that made us all tune into it. We weren't even getting wet from the spray either.

"Erin" Joon said loud enough for us to hear, and even then I could hear him perfectly.

I nodded, and Tae let go off my hand, as I walked forward. And I knew I had to walk through the water, this was second nature, like I knew exactly what I had to do.

I still was not wet from the waterfall which took about four steps until I saw the other side.

And then I paused.

My eyebrows buried together, as I saw a tiny cave. I only had to walk about ten foot to be touching the earth and rocks in front of me, being about eight foot tall.

"What?" I breathed out, confused.

I quickly turned around and went back through the waterfall, and as I appeared in front of my family, who were now walking towards the waterfall, they all stopped walking, looking confused onto why I was back here.

"Erin?" Tae breathed, reaching for me as I came away from the crashing water around me.

"There's nothing there. Just a tiny cave on the other side" I muttered, looking at him and then at Joon.

He looked even more confused, rubbing his hands on his chin. I had seen this look a fair few times now.

"Shimmering eyes" Joon breathed out, about ten seconds or so later.

I glanced at Jimin, and then back to Tae, who was looking over at Joon with a raised eyebrow. He turned to look at me, and give me a little smile, the corner of his mouth raising upwards.

I took a deep breath, this mist travelled through my mind, as I got lost in perfect dark brown eyes.

"The God of Chaos, shimmering eyes" Joon said again, nodding at the three of us.

Jimin joined Tae and I, taking my spare hand as we walked towards the waterfall. My heart was beating so fast, as I felt a warm feeling in my hands, I looked down briefly to see my veins Illuminating a golden tone, as Jimin's veins were in a matching turquoise, equally as bright as my own. Tae's seeped out of his skin, the veins were so black, but you could see the shimmer of red, pulling through.

I didn't look at their faces as we passed through the water.

My mind felt so hallow for a second, as I couldn't even feel my own soul, and then in that moment I realised I couldn't feel Tae's thread between us. I couldn't even feel the coolness from his hand on my own.

-♕-