Chapter Seventeen - The Protectors

All five of the other boys had now began to come into the living room. Jimin came and sat the other side of me, while JK leant on the back of the sofa next to Joon.

Yoongi sat on the sofa next to Joon, opposite us and Hobi came and sat on the sofa next to Tae on the floor by my knees, and Jin sat on the seat on the end next to Joon.

"Then my Dad coughed, and it was a lot of blood. I remember feeling a little sick as I watched him lurch forward and cling to his chest. My Uncle, who was my Dad's brother, ran to grab him before he fell to the floor. I remember starting to cry, and then wondering where my Mom was" I said quietly.

Again I had to take control of myself, and almost closed my eyes briefly in forcing out with my mind.

"They sky is fine, Erin" Joon offered, knowing exactly what I was wondering, I couldn't concentrate on going into a soul outside, to look around at the weather.

But I did notice the cooler temperature in the room. I'm sure Tae did as well, as put his hand on the back of my ankle. And right away, that soothed me. It was like a heavy feeling passed from my chest.

"My Dad said that she died, letting him escape. They knew one of them hand to stay behind to get the message back. She died, taking every single one of them out with her. But my Dad was badly hurt, and as my Uncle panicked trying to preform CPR on my Dad, but it was no use" I breathed out, shutting my eyes at the end.

I felt the water in my lashes as they closed.

But right now, it was easy to control the sky around me, it stayed with the sun setting, a pink and yellow haze covered the horizon, not a cloud in sight.

Tae's had was still so cold but yet it felt like I was drawing the coolness from him, it went right into my chest, filling my body with the feeling of comfort.

As I opened my eyes, one tear fell down my cheek.

"I hadn't ever felt that feeling in my life, the utter sense of loss and the darkening feeling you get that just travels across your chest," I said with a deep sigh at the end, "and then the ground started vibrating, as the wind at the side of the house started spinning, drawing the grey and angry clouds from the sky. It ripped away part of my Mom and Dad's room, before my Uncle ran at me and began shaking my shoulders, and put his hand on my cheek, talking to me calmly"

I had to let another tear fall, that tugged at my grief for my Uncle.

"Thankfully the hurricane went away seconds after I began making it, and that was only down to my Uncle managing to drag my out of my thoughts. And then that was it for nine years... then this happened" I said, and I had to tug my lips into a small smile, showing that I wasn't upset about that part.

Yoongi nodded, understanding me.

"I get what you mean. You feel guilty that your family had to die for you to get to this point, but you know this is where you are exactly meant to be" he added.

"Exactly" I muttered.

"My Mom got killed when I was six. She hadn't told a lot to my Father about being a descendant, as she could hide her ability really well. And when I wasn't showing many signs, she thought that it might have skipped me, and gone to my older brother who is only one year older than me. She wasn't in contact much with the our other families parents, she was completely off the guard, not even sending letters to coded names and places, that we used in case of emergencies" he breathed out.

Yoongi cleared his throat and thought for a few seconds. JK moved down the back of the sofa and pat a hand on the back of Yoongi's neck in a comforting way.

"So when they found her, and equally all of the family, I hadn't ever heard such terror in her voice as she screamed at me and my brother to run. To get away my Dad had put managed to get us out, as my Mom began glowing, I watched the veins on her arms and neck being fascinated by it as a six year old. Then the men around us began just falling and screaming in pain. My Dad was panicked, as the house caught on fire. But I wasn't at all afraid, I was actually quite calm watching the flames just get bigger and bigger around me. My Dad bundled my brother and myself in the car, and drove. I found myself thinking about fire ever since, and then, that's how I found my abilities" Yoongi said in a low voice.

It seemed a lot of the boys were paying attention to this as much as I was, and I wondered if they had these types of conversations many times before.

"Then when I was eighteen, they found us again. The only reason I think I survived was because my room was at the back of the house, so I heard the commotion of my Dad and brother, seconds before my door opened," and then Yoongi looked over at Joon, with a very small smile on his lips, "and there stood Joon, along with Jin... I knew my Dad and brother were dead, as I could just feel it"

"And you followed them because it felt like a natural thing to do, it was like you knew these people" I added.

Yoongi gave me gum filled smile, with a nod.

"Yes our Joonie has a habit of finding us at the right time doesn't he?" Hobi breathed out with a smile on my left.

Joonie gave a bright smile towards Hobi, "well, Jin's and my parents done most of the work. I just told them about Shasta trying to get me to follow her... I was the same age as you"

Hobi nodded, "I've been with you longer now than my own Mom"

"When did you find him?" I asked Joon.

"When we were eleven" he breathed out.

I didn't expect it to be that young.

"My Mom was found... I managed to get away, but I knew they saw me run. I had been running for two days, barely sleeping. And I was running out of supplies, when I saw that owl and then four adults and two kids, at the end of the trail" he muttered, glancing over at me.

I started to realise that all of the past generation, it seemed that they were all females that were the descendants, it reminded me of what Joon said about the Pantheon being the same gender. What a surprise it must have been when my Mom gave birth to a girl, since I was the youngest out everyone here, and they were all males.

"So the last generation were all females?" I asked.

Yoongi, Jin and Joon all nodded in front of me.

"It's only Yoongi who had an elder brother, all of us are only children. The way the Pantheon works is that it's only passed down to one child, so it stays in that blood line rather than spreading out through siblings" Joon breathed out.

I looked over at Joon, "please tell me now"

And Joonie gave me a smile, "I was waiting for you to ask"

The rooms atmosphere got a little more intense as I heard a lot deep breaths around me.

"First of all, keep an open mind, and if you are confused or have any questions just ask alright?" Joon smiled.

I nodded, and Tae leant his elbow on my legs.

"So all of us, are your Guardians Erin. The Pantheon is made up of seven Guardians and the Key" he said slowly, looking at me.

I creased my eyebrows at the last word.

"You know that we protect something don't you?" Joonie added.

I nodded, my stomach swirled with uncertainty. I glanced down at Tae quickly who offered me a small smile.

"What we protect, is the City of Gaia" Joon breathed.

                                    -♕-