Chapter Thirteen - Black Shimmer

We walked back to the bunker, and the rest of the day went by quickly as all sat and chatted, just getting to know each other more, and it was surprising in how in this short space of time how much this felt like where I was exactly meant to be all this time.

I offered to help Yoongi make dinner, which he happily accepted.

It was later in the evening when we started splitting up to go to sleep. Joon said Shasta patrols the sky while they all sleep, and he would get woken up by his screech if anything spooked him. Jin also said that the wolves kept a watch for him.

As I got out of the shower, which I washed my clothes in with me as it seemed like I could save time. I got changed into an oversized t-shirt.

I wondered if any of the boys would think it's a good idea that we could go shopping in a local store, so I could pick up more clothes, as I only had about three days of clothes here that I had to wash nearly every day.

I knew they done a supply trip about once a month, I hoped that it was soon to see if I could go with whoever was going.

As I plaited my hair to the side, a knock on the door came. When it didn't open, whoever always gave a few seconds before opening it, I walked over and opened it.

Tae ran a hand through his soft hair, "I've turned off the boiler for you, I could hear that you weren't using it anymore"

The corner of my lips turned into a small smile, "thank you"

I watched his eyes go down to glance at my bare legs until mid thigh, and then back up at my eyes. He raised one eyebrow quickly before giving me a little smile.

"Where's your room?" I asked.

He nodded to his left, "next door"

We stood there for a second more, looking at one another. I could feel the tug of the swirling black and golden thread between us.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked quietly.

He sucked in his bottom lip for a second, and nodded.

I walked away from the door, he walked in, and shut the door behind him. I took a deep breath in, my heart rate had sped up and I could feel the tingling in my finger tips.

But I could feel something else in the room, it was like the temperate had shot up.

"Seems like you can make it hot as well as really cold" Tae breathed out, his voice was deeper than usual.

I had to try and control the ability, while stopping the smile forming on my lips.

I couldn't take my eyes away from his intense stare, it was like he could see every last bit of me, including my soul. I felt the pull at my chest, that made me tightened my hands into fists.

"I can feel you trying to pull me towards you" Tae muttered, looking at me.

"I can also feel you pulling me" I said right back.

Then he smirked.

I let out a long breath, "why does it feel like this? It's so..." I trailed off, not knowing the word.

"Intense? But natural" Tae offered to me.

I nodded slowly, agreeing with his choice of words.

"You know as well as I do, onto why" he said, and I watched as he took a few steps towards me slowly.

He was right, I did know. It was the link, and the fact our souls were made for each other.

Tae darted his tongue into the corner of his lips.