Chapter Three - She Doesn't Know

When I next woke, the sun made me wince as I opened my eyes.

"Morning sleepy" I heard Jin call from the front seat, seeing me fidget in the back in the rear view mirror.

I offered a small smile.

"You alright?" Joon asked me as he turned to face me.

I nodded.

"We are going to stop soon, we need gas, so you can stretch your legs and Hobi will take you in to get some food if you want" Jin said, looking at the road ahead.

I glanced over to Hobi, who was fast asleep.

I looked outside, watching us over take some cars and then I saw Shasta above us.

"Does he ever get tired?" I asked Namjoon who leant forward to look out of the window.

"Not particularly. He always watches. Even the times when he is perched on a tree, his eyes are open" he replied.

Well that was slightly alarming. But again, I knew the answer in the back of my head but didn't want to admit it.

Then the thought crossed my mind about the mountain lion, "Jin, where's your mountain lion?"

Jin looked at me in the rear view mirror, "he stayed at the forest"

With the quick reply, I knew there would be more than he would need to explain, but I knew I wasn't ready to hear the answer.

A few minutes later, we pulled in to the gas station, and Hobi woke up, rubbing at his face. He gave me a little smile, as we got out of the car. I went to the restroom, before following Hobi into the store.

"Pick up what you want, Erin" Hobi breathed while grabbing a basket.

I nodded, and noticed the windows of the store with rain droplets on them.

"Careful out there guys, big storm coming apparently" the old man said to the both of us as Hobi thanked him.

It certainly was colder as we got back outside, and you could see the grey thick clouds in the distance. Joon and Jin were going to the rest room, so I went and stood at the edge of the gas station, and looked ahead at the open road.

The rain was getting heavier as the clouds got closer, and I grumbled at myself.

The clouds definitely looked angry.

I tried not to think as I looked up at them, and wondered where the sun was. A breath later, I saw the beams of the sun peaking through a break in the clouds and I smiled slightly. And as I ran my gaze over the sky, it started clearing. And the more blue sky I saw, the more I wondered.

As I turned back around, I saw all three men just standing there leaning against the car, looking at me. I blushed slightly.

"Well, looks like the storm had a change of heart" Jin said, with a soft smile playing on his lips.

I looked away from him with a little smile, and got back into the car.

About an hour later, we were definitely in a more rural area. And then we turned onto a dirt track, which we drove down for about half an hour.

And then, Jin turned off the car. I followed them in getting out, and watched as Hobi and Joon pulled a tarp that was covered in leaves over the black car, then they put rocks at the bottom of it.

Shasta screeched above us.

Joon chuckled to himself, "he's letting the others know we are back"