Chapter-35

Lauren Hart

Nervousness had taken control over me. I tried to talk to the butterflies which were flying in my stomach to ask them to stop fluttering their wings with such high intensity but all of them refused to listen to me.

I had already dressed up in an all-black outfit; a skirt which ended three inches above my ankle and a crop blouse and peep-toe boot heels. I had bought the outfit a long ago but never got the chance to wear it. Eloise and Ariana approved my look through a video call. I was so excited that I couldn't stop myself from blurting to them about the date and they squealed more than me. Christy helped me with my makeup then left for her night shift at the hotel where she worked as a assistant manager.

The clock struck six and I jumped out of my bed and started to pace back and forth in my room.

"Why am I so nervous?!" I questioned myself in frustration. "God, Sean come already and free me from this nervousness!"

My heart jumped at the sudden blow of the car horn. "He's here!" I rushed in front of the mirror to give a last look at myself. I reapplied the red lipstick since I had licked all of it in impatience while waiting for Sean.

The ring of the doorbell resonated in the house causing me to sprint to the door in high heels. I swung the door open only to come face to face with Sean, looking devilishly handsome. And that charming smile on his lips was enough to turn me into a giddy mess.

The smile on his lips started to disappear slowly as his jaw hung low and his now wide eyes accessed me from head to toe. My smile died down as well. Was I not looking good?

"H...how do I look?" I asked hesitantly while removing unwanted creases from my skirt— if there were any.

He did not reply. HE DID NOT REPLY!

Instead, he blinked a few times and again gazed down at my outfit.

Oh, god! I think I had done a blunder by choosing the outfit. I panicked when the thought of a ruined date crossed my mind.

"I...I look bad, don't I? I should have known." I grunted. "I overdid the black. I...you know what? Wait for a while, I'll go and change my dress. I will be real quick." I turned back in panic to go and change when I felt a tug at my wrist and I swirled to face Sean again.

"You look ravishing, Lauren." He said.

"Do I really?" I asked doubtfully. "You are not saying this to make me feel good, are you?"

He chuckled and pulled me out of the house and circled my waist. "You are beautiful, Lauren, no matter what you wear. I just got stunned because you look HOT."

I blushed and he brought his face closer to mine and whispered. "And your red lips look so alluring as though inviting me to lock my lips with them."

But before he could attack my lips I pushed him. "Nope, not gonna happen. You'll ruin my lipstick."

"What?! No, I won't." He whined. I shot him a glare causing him held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine! But you will have to make it up for this later. Now, let's get going, we're getting late."

He literally dragged me out through my wrist and while being dragged my eyes landed on my nosy landlords. Had they been watching us all along?

I mentally rolled my eyes and waved my free hand. "I didn't invite him this time!" I shouted.

"Who are you talking to?" Sean stopped and asked. I pointed to my right where they were still standing and gaping at us. Sean awkwardly waved at them and muttered at the same time.