Chapter-17

Lauren Hart

"Now, tell me what the bloody hell was that?"

"I left you out of my sight just for a minute and you created a scene." He snapped.

I flinched a little but his hard voice didn't stop me from grimacing. "Mr. Peterson, she was the one who started it, she -"

"I know what she did, you told me a while ago and I also know that what she did was wrong but you weren't sensible either."

"But she called Ryan a brat."

"Listen, Miss Hart, she was wrong, I get it. You wanted to put senses in her, I get it. But you forgot that you chose the wrong method. You were making a scene over there in front of kids. You went on a beast mode turning into a hulk. What those kids and Ryan must be thinking? Chose violence to settle the issues? Tell me?"

Did he just call me hulk? I wanted to retort but I couldn't as I knew what he said was right. I lowered my head in utter shame.

"Now what? Don't you think you are obliged to say something?"

I raised my eye and mumbled a 'sorry' but I received a disbelieving head shake. He then bobbed his head in Ryan's direction only then I understood what he meant.

"Umm, Ryan." He removed his hands from his ears. "I was wrong. Never go for violence, get that?" He nodded his head. "Stand for yourself against bullies but never take matters in your hands; call me instead. I'll take the matter in my hands." I winked and grinned widely.

"Goodness, this woman is crazy as hell." I heard Mr. Grouchy grumble under his breath. Then he crouched down in front of Ryan.

"Are you alright, champ? Does it hurt?" He asked him while examining his scratches. I saw the worry on his face.

"No, it doesn't," Ryan mumbled softly. And my heart melted when Mr. Peterson hugged him tightly and kissed the side of his head while mumbling something I couldn't comprehend.

When Mr. Peterson was satisfied that Ryan was perfectly fine, we both managed to find a seat for Ryan in the kids' train. While he was on the train I roamed my eyes here and there and my eyes turned wide when I saw an ice skating arena.

"Do they have an ice skating arena in the amusement park?" I questioned myself. I have always been fascinated by that sport. Excusing myself, I bounced towards the see-through glass arena and glued my face flat against the glass, looking over to the skaters; how skillfully they slid over the smooth surface of the ice on those thin, steel blades. I was watching them in awe when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Initially, I swatted the hand away but when I felt the tap again I went mad and spun around to yell at the person for disturbing me but sealed my lips when I came face to face with Mr. Grouchy.

"What are you looking at?" He then moved forward to look into the see-through glass and when he did he raised his eyebrows in question.

"I was watching people doing ice skating," I said truthfully.

"You can skate if you want to." He said casually.

"Oh, no, no, no." I raised my hands. "I hardly manage myself on my feet and you are talking about skating on those sharp, thin blades? Not in this lifetime." I replied quickly.

Yeah, that's the truth. I don't know how to skate that's why I have always been extremely fascinated by the sport.

"It's actually easy. If you know roller skating then ice skating isn't tough to learn."

"That's the problem. I don't know that either." I laughed nervously.

He gave a stiff head nod. "Understandable."