Chapter-44

Lauren Hart

"It's time for the party!"

Once at home, we were greeted with a blast of confetti. It was the gang with the kids waiting for us to get back. The living room was completely covered with balloons and paper frills. Seriously, when did they prepare all this?

"Congratulations Sean on being a father!"

They all exclaimed in excitement, blasting one more balloon of confetti.

"Crap, I forgot they were waiting for us at home," Sean, who was standing beside me, muttered.

"Why are you all standing there? Come let's cele—Oh goodness, what happened to you, Lauren?" Ariana inquired in worry when she saw my bandaged hands. And that's when others noticed. They all rushed to us fired questions after questions.

"Hey, hey, hey, we'll answer all your questions, just calm down first," Sean said loudly. Then while still standing at the same place, we detected the story of what Samantha did.

"Oh, thank goodness nothing serious happened to you, Lauren." Ariana carefully hugged me, not to touch my bandaged hands.

"Be careful, Aunt Ariana. She's hurt." This statement in a polite way came from the kid that has all my heart. Ryan.

Ariana pulled away and looked down at him, lovingly. "I'll take note of that, sweetheart. You are a caring and nice boy, Ryan." She bent down and kissed the top of his head to which he blushed.

"Well, what's the status of your hands? I hope it's nothing serious?" Eloise asked as she examined my hands by lightly grasping my hand.

"Yeah, nothing serious. Just sore muscles, sprained wrist, and a few scratches." I responded with a shrug and hissed lightly when I pulled my hand out of Eloise's grasp.

"You should have been careful around her, Lauren." Daniel, who was rocking his son in his arms, commented. "And you Sean? What were you doing? How could you let this happen to her?" He scowled at him to which Sean scowled back.

"It happened all of a sudden. Why would I intentionally let anything happen to her?"

"No one can be blamed here, Mr. Adams. Especially not Sean." I pointed out.

"I told you to call me Daniel, didn't I?" He raised his eyebrows in question. I just passed him an awkward smile but his eyebrows didn't relax.

"Well?" He prodded.

"Yes, Daniel." I laughed lightly.

"That's more like it." He grinned. "And see, my burrito likes it too." He tickled little Travis when he giggled for no reason.

"Hope that madwoman is out of your life for good," Xavier commented and looked at me. "Take rest, Lauren. You need it; we can celebrate some other time. And call me Xavier from now on; you are family."

Stunned, I nodded my head rather hesitantly. It would be awkward to call them by their name as I had always addressed them with their surname. But it was the case with Sean too; I'll learn quickly.

"Though I never met you all before, I can tell in the first meeting that you all are the same as Sean described you were. Caring. It's hard to find this kind of friendship these days." This comment came from grandma.

I was surprised to know that it was grandma's first time meeting them. Though the introduction wasn't required as grandma seem to recognize them based on Sean's description, still Sean did it.

"And God, I love your kids. They are so adorable." She gushed, looking between Amara and Travis. "I wish to hold Sean's child too but I don't know when my wish will be fulfilled." She sighed dramatically. I blushed profusely because grandma's eyes were darted to me.