Chapter 11

I shut the door, take off my shoes, and walk to my room. Mechanically, I undress, throw on a big t-shirt, and get ready for bed. I'm in a daze and I can't get Kuroo's words out of my head as I lay in bed.

"I like talking to you, being friends with you."

I do too Kuroo, I do too. Even though my night with him ended on an emotional note, I find myself smiling up at the ceiling. He's my friend. Kuroo's my friend and I'm his friend too. Even Saito told me how much she enjoys my company tonight. I'm just so damn happy.

-----------------

The rest of the week goes really well. I look forward to seeing Saito everyday during art and lunch and I no longer feel reserved talking to her. Even chemistry doesn't seem so bad anymore thanks to a tall, handsome, nerd. Kuroo comes over to talk to me before class everyday and walks with me out of the school each day when the bell rings. I keep learning more and more about him, but he still hasn't mentioned what is going on with his family. I make sure to never pry. 

On Friday, I realize that I don't really want to go two days without seeing him. I spend chemistry trying to come up with a valid reason for us to hang out. By the time the bell rings, I realize that I don't need a good excuse to hang out with him, we're friends, and friends normally hang out on weekends. It's not weird. 

Kuroo comes over and bops me on the head with his notebook. "It's the weekend! We survived another week!"

"Hey! Watch it, that kinda hurt," I say, scowling, and rub my head with exaggerated annoyance. It didn't hurt at all. 

"Oh, quit being such a baby. I know you're not that delicate," he says, laughing and grabbing my arm, attempting to drag me from the room.

I might not be delicate, but I am clumsy. 

I stumble and lose my footing, completely falling against him. My hands hit his chest a moment before my face does. He tried to maintain balance, but his back hits the wall behind us and suddenly we're flush against each other. I'm pressed against him, my face and hands on his muscular chest and I can feel all of the hard lines of his body beneath his uniform. For a half second, I'm tempted to stay like that, but instead I spring back, my face deeply flushed. 

"OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY, KUROO! I don't know what happened, I just totally lost my footing. I'm such a klutz, this is so embarrassing, like I don't even kno--"

"Don't worry about it," Kuroo says, pushing back off the wall, his hazel eyes looking devilishly feline. "Believe me, I really didn't mind." 

"I--uh--well...Okay," I say, not sure what to make of his last comment. Is he flirting with me? I walk past him and out of the classroom door. I know he'll follow me, but I just need a quick second to get myself together. Do I want him flirting with me? Honestly, yes...But no! No, I don't! I don't want to just be one of his conquests! I want to be more than that...That's why it's best if we're just friends. If I'm his friend, I know I won't lose him. 

His hand brushes my side as he catches up and begins walking next to me. 

"You good, y/n? You look a little flushed," he says, letting out a low chuckle.

I put my hands against my cheeks self-consciously, which earns me another chuckle from him. My cheeks feel like they're on fire. Fucking great. 

"Leave me alone, my face turns red at basically anything. It would've happened if I fell into anyone, you're not special."

"Oh that hurts." Pouty face. "C'mon, I know I'm special and so do you. Admit it."

I laugh and slap him on shoulder. "Be quiet, you know what I mean. Hey also, do you want to do something this weekend? I'm not doing anything and I don't want to die of boredom."