Chapter 23

Waking up was difficult.

With consciousness came a string of thoughts, feelings, and regrets. Eh, oh well.

I pull myself out of bad and decide to go for the "I won't think about any of it until absolutely necessary" method. Perfect!

I mechanically put on my school uniform, brush my teeth, and take off and reapply new makeup. On the way out the door, I grab a banana and a granola bar to eat on the bus ride to school. I put my earbuds in and blast my music.

Somehow, I will tell Kuroo that we can't be together today. It's just the way it has to be. It will work out better for both of us in the end this way anyways.

School is as boring as ever, but Saito manages to bring a genuine smile to my face.

"Girl, don't you think the sensei is kinda hot in a dilf sort of way? Like, don't get me wrong, he's totally not my type...but maybe, just maybe, I'd let him hit if he asked me."

"Oh my fucking gosh, Saito! Shut up! He can probably hear you!" I whisper, completely shocked.

"C'mon, he's practically deaf! He can't hear anything! But seriously, don't you agree? He's got that strong and capable vibe. And we both know he's good with his hands. Sure, they're a little wrinkly, but I could ignore that."

I burst out laughing and get a few looks from students at the other tables. "You totally have daddy issues, you realize that right? But yeah, I totally see where you're coming from. I would not let him fuck me though, you're insane for saying that."

She rolls her eyes, "I can't help that I'm horny. It's been way too long since I got dick or pussy. My standards are just getting lower and lower."

I roll my eyes too, she's so dramatic.

"Wait...girl...has Kuroo given it to you yet?"

Fuck me in the ass.

The day was going so smoothly.

"Well...I don't know why that's any of your business", I say, busying myself with the paints I'm mixing.

"Ohhhhh, you guys have definitely fucked. Holy shit, is it as good as everyone says?" She asks, eyes bugging out of her head.

"Saito, dear lord, NO, we didn't fuck! I mean...we probably would've eventually though."

"Wait, wait, wait, why are you speaking about it in the past tense? Like, aren't you guys dating? Can't you still fuck him whenever?"

"Um...I think I'm going to break things off today..."

"WHAT?! Girl, WHY the fuck would you do that?? What did he do? I'll fucking beat his ass. He's dead. That fucker, I knew people couldn't change that much." Saito starts to get up from her chair, looking like she really intends on hunting him down, but I pull her back down.

"Stop! I swear, he didn't do anything, seriously. I even met his family last night, and they're so nice. In fact, it's all a little too perfect. I don't know...I just don't think it's going to work out in the long run. What's even the point, you know? He's basically perfect and it doesn't even make sense that he'd want to be with me. I'm a mess and way uglier than probably like ninety percent of the people he used to fuck. I just feel...inadequate...I think I need to work on myself or something before I give my heart to someone else."

Saito is staring at me like I'm crazy. "Y/n...girl...what? What are you even talking about? What about him liking you doesn't make sense? You're beautiful, and I'm not just saying that because you're my friend. You're beautiful on the inside too. You having scars on your heart doesn't take away from that. You've got baggage? So what! You have some personal problems? So what! It isn't for you to decide if you're able to be loved or not. Everyone goes through shit, that doesn't make them less worthy of happiness. I'm telling you right now, there is nothing wrong with you. And Kuroo isn't crazy or wrong for caring about you. I'm not going to act like I know the ins and the outs of your relationship, but you probably shouldn't give up on someone just because you don't think you're enough for them. Please don't do that."