Chapter 19

I can't seem to shake the bundle of nerves and anxiety that follows me around on Tuesday. It started the moment I woke up and I can't shake it, no matter how I try to distract myself. I'm so scared to meet Kuroo's family.

I know that I don't really have any reason to worry. If they are anything like Kuroo, they will be amazing and I'll enjoy my time. It's just that...I don't really know what Kuroo and I even are. Are we together? As in dating? I mean we haven't gone on an official date yet...But he did have his hands and mouth all over my body...I'm just confused. What do I say if they ask what we are? My social anxiety doesn't help the situation either.

As I'm walking with Kuroo to the gym after school, I can feel his eyes on me. Kenma isn't with us today because he's making up an exam, and our walk is a bit quieter than usual.

I meet Kuroo's eyes. "Yeah?" I say, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"You seem quiet today and a little...stressed out," He says.

"I'm fine, seriously. I'm still pretty nervous for later, but this is just how I get. It's fine really," I say, waving my hand dismissively.

"Shit I'm sorry...I promise it won't be bad, but I'm still sorry you're nervous about it. Too soon to meet my family?"

"No!! No, of course not! I swear I do want to meet them, I'm just not a social butterfly like you," I say back to him, looking up at him through my lashes.

He holds my stare and I admire the flecks of brown in his hazel eyes. His beauty never fails to make my heart race. He grabs my hand.

"You know what, I know the perfect thing to put your mind at ease."

He takes the lead and pulls me along to the locker room building next to the gym. As we walk, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a set of keys. He leads me into the building and down a hallway. We pass the boys and girls' locker rooms and stop in front of a door at the end of the hallway. He looks back and me and smirks before opening the door with one of the keys.

When he pulls me inside, I see that it's some sort of office. It's clean, but doesn't look like it's been used very much. Some trophies line a shelf behind the desk in the center of the room.

I turn around to look back at Kuroo and see that he has shut the door behind him.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"One of the perks of being a team captain of the best sports team at this school is that I get an office to myself. Honestly, I think there were just extra rooms that administration wanted purposes for, but yeah. I sometimes use this place to study when I need quiet or if I need to clear my head away from the rest of the team before a game."

"Wow...that is really nice actually. They seriously treat you like royalty around here," I laugh softly, eyes meeting his again.

He looks back at me and slowly pulls a hand through his unruly hair. His bicep flexes as he does it, veins on his arms standing out. I gulp.

"Soooo, uh, what are we doing here again?" I say, throat feeling a little dry. I do feel anxious still, but now it feels more like...excitement.

"Well, I figured I could try some things out to help you relax," he replies, and his voice sounds low and a little husky. He walks towards me, stopping a foot or two away. "First of all, I want to ask you something".

"Yeah?" I say, my own voice a bit raspy.

"I'm no expert in this type of thing, but I don't want to do anything in the wrong order. I have feelings for you and I want you to be my girlfriend, if you don't mind. I feel like we're good together. You tease me and confide in me and...I want to call you mine. I want you to be all mine, everyday, because I'm crazy for you, Y/n."