Chapter 12

Dabi's pov:

That stupid handy fucker is sending me on a mission for like a week. So now I'm packing my stuff to go. I haven't told y/n yet and I honestly don't want to. It'll worry her to much so I'm hoping to get done and leave before she comes home. I'll leave a note of course. She'd be even more worried if I didn't.

I got everything packed up. Yes, I feel bad for just leaving with no warning but I have too. I don't leave for the mission until tomorrow morning so I'll just stay at the hideout for tonight. It's better y/n doesn't know anyway, the less she knows the less danger she's in.

What time is it? Shit! I have to get going she's going to be home soon.

I put the note on the kitchen counter and left for the hideout.

Y/n's pov:

Ughhh. It's been such a long day at work. I can't wait to get home and hang out with Dabi.

I got home and unlocked the door. "Dabs! I'm home!" I called out as I walked in.

No answer. Hm. He must be out right now.

I walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and noticed there was a note with my name on it. I picked it up and read it.

I'm sorry to leave on such short notice like this. I was given a mission that'll take around a week and I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to just leave you without saying anything because it would worry you even more so I wrote this. I can't tell you what the mission is I can just say that it'll have me very busy for the next week. Again, I'm very sorry. See you soon.
-Dabi♡︎

That burnt mother fucker.

How can he just leave like that?! Ugh. I'm not just letting him leave like that. If this mission is like any of the others then he leaves tomorrow, meaning he's at the hideout.

I grabbed my sweater and put my shoes back on. Putting the note in my pocket, I went out to my balcony and formed my wings. I jumped off the balcony and flew to the hideout.

~Time Skip~

Once I got to the hideout I wasted no time walking right in before having the time to get rid of my wings. As I walked into the bar I saw kurogiri there like usual. "Oh hello y/n, what brings you here today?" He asked as he set down the class he was cleaning. "Where is Dabi? I need a word with him." He could tell by the tone of my voice that I was pissed off so he didn't waste time with questions. "He's in his room, you know where it is, right?" He said as be turned his attention back to the glass. "Yes I do, thanks giri." I said as I walked up the stairs to Dabi's room.

The hall was long and dark. The halls were always dark. The only places in the hideout that aren't dark is the bar and the bedrooms/bathrooms. I finally made it to his room and didn't even bother knocking I just walked right in.

"Y/n?!" Dabi jumped up from his bed. I pulled the note out of my pocket and threw it at him. "What the fuck is this?! You can't just leave without saying goodbye properly!" I crossed my arms and stared at him in anger.

"Ok, ok. I know you're mad bu-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "Mad? OF COURSE I'M MAD! You were about to leave to go on some mission where you could DIE and I never would've seen you again! And the last thing I would have from you is a stupid note! Even a voicemail would've been better!"

Dabi sighed and waited for me to stop talking so I did. I sat on his bed and waited for him to explain.

"Like I was saying, I'm sorry. I really am y/n. I knew it was going to worry you and I hate seeing you worried. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it was wrong and I'm sorry."

I sat for a minute to think about his words and I sighed. I got up and put my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. "I'm sorry too.. I shouldn't have yelled.." He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back. "It's my fault. I should've just waited for you to come back so I could tell you."

"Just.. Be careful. Please." I tightened my hug. "Of course y/n. I always am."

~Time Skip~

I hung out at the bar with Dabi for a few hours until he needed to sleep so I flew home, now I'm just cleaning up around the house.

He better not die. If he dies I'm going to kill him.

It's around 11:00pm.. I should get to bed soon.

I took a shower and cleaned my room up a bit. I wasn't that tired yet so I sat at my desk and pulled up a group picture of me, Dabi, Toga, Twice, and Kurogiri and Began drawing. I stayed up most of the night to finish it.
_______________________________________
895 words.

Thank you guys for being so patient!

I don't really know where I'm going with this story so I might end up discontinuing it but I haven't made a decision yet.

It'll probably just end up being something I update when I'm bored and focus more on my oneshot books.

Hope you enjoyed!♡︎ᴥ︎♡︎

See you next chapter!<3