Chapter 23

Y/n's pov:

It's been a few weeks since Dabi left the lov. He's now fully healed and things have been going pretty good. Well.. mostly. I still haven't talked to Dabi like I promised myself I would. I don't know how to start the conversation or what to say or ask. I don't know what to do, I feel lost. I want to tell him I really do. I just have to figure out how first. 

Dabi's gone for the night. He said he had some stuff to take care of, I'm not too worried about it, I know he can handle himself. Ever since he healed back up, he's been way stronger. It's definitely weird not having him home with me, I've gotten so used to spending every day with him for the last 7 months that I don't really know what to do without him here. I could go and start a new art project. It'll keep me busy for a while. 

I pried myself from my warm bed and slipped Dabi's hoodie on over my head. Still smells like him. I smiled to myself. Taking a look at the moonlit sky, I headed into my art room and pulled out a big piece of sketch paper. I know exactly what I'll make. 

I grabbed my phone and pulled up pictures of Dabi and Hawks. While Dabi loves to act like he hates Hawks, he doesn't. The two are actually good friends, Dabi just won't let anyone know that. Hawks understands that, and he's ok with it. As long as he has Dabi as a friend, he's ok.  Hawks has been a big help the last few weeks, he's come over and stayed with Dabi while I worked and has kept him company. It's nice knowing that Dabi has a friend he trusts. It is odd that it's a pro hero though. You would've thought his best friend would be another villain. 

I'm not judging though, I mean, I am the one that fell in love with a villain so it's not my place to say anything. I continued sketching the two out onto the paper.  

Dabi's pov:

I told y/n I had stuff to take care of.. I mean, I didn't lie. Well.. Not completely anyway.

7.

7 months it's been since that day in the park.

7 months since the day my life started to change.

7 months since I met the girl that was different.

Sure, call me cliche. Maybe I am. But that doesn't change the truth.

Yeah I've been with plenty of girls. I mean, not been with but, you know what I mean, right?

Go to a bar, a club, pick up a few whores, let them have their way and leave. They all want one thing, to satisfy their thirsty needs. And who do they want to do that?

Bingo.

Me.

But, who wouldn't, right? To them, I'm a heartless, sexy murderer.

But to me? What am I to me? Hm? What do you have to say about that, Touya?

To me? You're nothing but a failure. A shallow man that only has hatred in his heart. Except for y/n of course, for her? You're a dog. A dog that obeys his master.

Agh. Alright alright. Get out of my head, Touya. My thoughts are bad enough as it is.

Well, anyway. Back to what I was saying.

I've seen how plenty of girls are. But y/n is different. She.. She cares. Something no one else has ever done. Well, except for Keigo. But that's beside the point. He's my best friend, why wouldn't he care about me?

Trailing off course again.. Jeez.. How high did I get? I leaned against a wall in the alley I'm in. "What am I gonna do.. How do I handle these so-called.. "Feelings"..?" Ugh.. This is all such a headache. Why did she have to be so kind... why did she have to check on me...

Well, I guess I should be thankful, without her, I'd be dead. Where am I going with this rant? No idea. That's why I'm here, to talk to myself and figure out how to handle these feelings and how to face y/n once I do.  Ugh. Why me? Can't I catch a break for once? 

I slid down the wall and sat on the dirty alley floor. Maybe I could just... go for it? I mean shit, we spend every day together and we've fucked a few times, would she really say no? 

I can't tell... 

But, even if I do this, how would I go about It? I don't know how to ask. Ugh... Why is this so difficult.. Whatever. I need to head home before it gets too late. I need to get some sleep. 

I got up and took my hidden path back home, stumbling here and there. Damn, I really got myself messed up. Once I got back to the house I unlocked the door and went inside. It was quiet. Y/n must be asleep. 

I stumbled into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. Slowly making my way back to my room with the bottle, I peeked into y/n's room. Just like I thought, fast asleep. I quietly walked into my room and closed the door, falling back onto my bed and getting comfortable. I popped the bottle open and started drinking. No kinds of alcohol affect me much anymore. It's not drinking to get drunk anymore, it's just drinking to drink and hoping I get more than a little tipsy. 

Eventually, I finished the bottle. And all I am is a bit tipsy. Greatttt. Whatever.. I guess I just have to see what I think when I'm sober in the morning. I tossed the empty whiskey bottle off to the side in a pile of dirty clothes and drifted off to sleep soon after. 

_______________________________________
983 words. 
I know it isn't much, but I'm close to being grounded again soon so I probably won't be able to update again for a while. 

Hope you enjoyed! ♡︎ᴥ︎♡︎

See you in the next chapter! <3