Chapter 22

No one's pov:

After the whole incident that happened with Kuurogiri and Dabi, Dabi leaving the league and all that, y/n felt bad. "Did you really have to leave..? I'm sure there was something you could've worked out..." Y/n said. Dabi pulled her closer and hugged her. "I already told you y/n, I've been wanting to leave anyway. You just finally gave me a reason to do so. So, thank you." He retorted. Y/n returned the hug and rested her head on his shoulder. It was pretty late now and they both were tired but both refused to sleep. 

No matter how much y/n insisted that Dabi get some sleep, he chose to be stubborn and stay up to make sure she's ok. "Well, I'm glad you got what you wanted. Now get some sleep, you need it to heal properly. This is probably why you aren't healed more than you are. Go to bed." He just laughed. "I'll go to bed if you come wait with me." She stood up and pulled his good arm, "Fine, Fine. Just c'mon and let's go." She pulled him up off the couch and dragged him to his room, Dabi just laughing as he went with her. 

He carefully got into bed and got comfortable. "Goodnight you stubborn asshole," Y/n said playfully. "Oh, I'm so hurt. How could you." He whined in fake offense. Y/n giggled and sat on the edge of the bed. "Just sleep." She said, fixing his blanket. Dabi took y/n's hand and rolled onto his side. Y/n smiled and laid down to face him. "Are you sure you're ok?" Y/n asked once again.  "Y/n. I'm fine. Stop worrying." Dabi complained. He grabbed her arm and pulled her closer and cuddled her. 

Y/n's pov:

Dabi pulled me closer and cuddled me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my chest. "I already told you. It's fine, please just drop it and focus on sleeping with me." I nodded and played with his hair. It was rare that he could cuddle up to me like this, usually, I'm cuddled up to him with my head on his chest but I like when he cuddles me like this, it's nice. I ran my fingers through his hair and massaged his head. We stayed like this in silence, eventually falling asleep. 

~The Next Morning~

(Still y/n's pov)

I was woken by the morning sunrise. Dabi was still asleep but was no longer on my chest, he had moved next to me and cuddled a pillow. I slowly sneaked out of bed, being careful not to wake him. Quietly walking around his bed, I closed his curtains and left for the kitchen, closing his door behind me. Since Dabi woke up, he hasn't been eating as much as he needs to but he's been getting better being here with me as opposed to when he was at the league. We have real food here. But he's not the only one that has been neglecting healthy eating patterns. I haven't been eating a lot either and I should be. So every morning I get up and make him breakfast. 

I like to let him sleep in so for a few hours I get some chores done, shower, etc. But I have to go back to work today so he has to get up a little earlier. I looked through the fridge and pulled out our normal breakfast items. Dabi always has 2 eggs, 3 bacon strips, and 2 slices of toast. I pulled out the pans I need and grabbed the toaster. 

~Time Skip~

I put Dabi's food on a plate and walked to his room. I opened the door and walked to the side of his bed and put his plate on the side table. "Dabs~ Time to wake up it's 9 am." He just groaned quietly. "Dabs~ If you get up I'll let you come to the cafe with me~" I cooed hoping it would wake him up. And it did. He sat up and got comfortable with a smile on his face. "Good morning princess~" He teased as I handed him his plate. I laughed and opened his curtains up. 

He ate his breakfast while I cleaned up my mess in the kitchen. I washed the dishes and put them on the drying rack. Dabs should be done eating by now. Just as I finished cleaning up the dishes, Dabi brought his plate. Of course right. I took his plate and cleaned it. "Go get changed and then we can go, ok?" He nodded and went back to his room to change. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. 

~Time Skip~

I opened the cafe doors and let Dabi inside. He walked inside and looked around at everything like a kid in a candy shop. "Sooooo... Do I get free sweets?" He asked as he snooped around behind the counter.

I laughed at his childish behavior and walked around the counter with him. "Just don't have too many things, I'm supposed to be making money here y'know." He laughed it off and started grabbing things from the display case. I grabbed the recipe book and headed back into the kitchen to turn on the ovens. "So are you gonna help me bake or just sit around and wait to eat everything?" I asked jokingly. 

He set his sweets down and walked over to help. "I'd love to help, princess." He said with his infamous smirk. "Alright, then you can look at the book and tell me measurements," I said as I grabbed all the ingredients for cupcakes. He nodded and watched as I gathered what I needed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent the day baking and having fun together, during closing time when we were having fun cleaning up and ended up having a fight with leftover flour. We went home and got cleaned up and Dabi went to bed. Now I'm just laying in bed, looking out the window and staring at the stars. Me and Dabi haven't talked about why Kurogiri worried about us getting together. Sure, we hang out, cuddle, we've had sex once or twice, but I doubt he'd actually date me. 

I continued to look out the window in thought. A relationship with Dabi could be nice. I'll talk to him about it soon. If he says he doesn't like me back, at least I'll know right?

________________________________
1072 Words.

Sorry that this took so long, I didn't mean for it to. 

My grades are finally up again and I have to keep them that way so I probably won't be updating as often as normal until I can find a way to balance school and this.

Hope you enjoyed!

See you in the next one!<3