Chapter 14

Word Count: 1061

Midoriya's POV

Midoriya woke up in the infirmary. Todoroki was sleeping beside him in a chair. A small IV drip was connected to his arm. He gently tapped Todoroki's arm to wake him up.

"Oh, Midoriya, you're awake." Todoroki's eyes snap open.

Were you waiting for me to wake up? How long was I out? Midoriya signs.

"You were out for just one whole day." Todoroki straightens up. "Recovery Girl says you passed out because of exhaustion and...malnutrition."

Midoriya moved his arms around. Finding them a little sore, Midoriya pushed himself up slowly and stretched the upper half of his body.

"Do you want me to go call Recovery Girl?" Todoroki asks.

No, I feel fine. Don't you have class though? Midoriya signed as he pushed himself against the back of the bed.

"It's Christmas break and all classes are canceled."

"Oh, Midoriya!" Recovery Girl pops her head into the infirmary. "You're awake! Todoroki, why didn't you call for me?"

"I mean, nothing was wrong and he was doing fine." Todoroki says blankly.

Recovery Girl sighs. "You can leave today Midoriya. Don't do anything that requires too much energy. Also you need to eat more than just coffee. Otherwise, I might just attach an IV drip to you permanently."

Midoriya nods and takes the IV drip out. He throws off the sheets and goes back to the dorms with Todoroki.

"Why do you only drink coffee?" Todoroki suddenly asks.

I'm used to not eating a lot. Besides, most things I eat just come up anyways. Coffee is good. Midoriya wobbles a bit as he walks. He pulls the door to the dorms open and hold it open for Todoroki who murmurs a quick "thank you."

The moment Midoriya steps into the dorm, he was ushered to the couch by Mina and Denki. An equally confused Todoroki was already sitting there. Mina gently pushes Midoriya beside Todoroki and starts firing questions at him.

"What happened? Oh my gosh we were so worried about you, even Bakugou nearly exploded the TV." Mina says in one breath.

"That was because the stupid reporter kept blocking the camera!" Bakugou shouts at her.

Undeterred, Mina keeps going. "Are you okay? How are you feeling now? Should we tell him what we're doing for Christmas? I think we should. Can you help us decorate? Are you feeling okay?"

"Mina, let Midoriya breath." Denki says, pulling Mina backwards a bit. "The dude just got out of the infirmary."

"But we do want to know, how are you feeling Midoriya?" Kirishima asks.

"I'm doing fine. Just sore." Midoriya says quietly and looks down. "Sorry for worrying all of you. No one else was hurt right?"

"It's alright Midoriya. Thank you for worrying about us. I just have a scratch on my cheek, that's all." Iida says. "Also, sorry for causing you trouble."

"Now that we've got that out of the way, let's tell him what we're doing for Christmas." Mina grins and claps her hands together. "We're doing a secret Santa. Now that you're here, we can finally get started."

Midoriya leans onto Todoroki's shoulder, half-listening to what Mina was saying. He could feel Todoroki heating up slightly.

A bowl was passed around. Midoriya fished out a piece of paper and passed the bowl to Todoroki. He quickly glanced at the paper and saw Denki Kaminari written on it. Perfect. Midoriya could give the support device he was developing to him.

Todoroki's POV

Todoroki opened his slip of paper and saw Izuku Midoriya written on it in small, neat letters. What would Midoriya want? Todoroki thought as he slowly walked to his dorm room. He's pretty closed off, and I don't know much about him.

Todoroki laid onto his bed, thinking long and hard about what to give to Midoriya.

After not being able to fall asleep, Todoroki decides to get up and take a short walk, hoping that it would make him at least a little tired.

"Midoriya?" Todoroki spots Midoriya outside, standing still. He runs over and finds Midoriya standing with his eyes closed, hands around a steaming mug.

"Midoriya? What are you doing up?" Todoroki says gently.

"I couldn't sleep. The fresh air is presumably better than the slightly stuffy room." Midoriya opens his eyes and turns to face Todoroki. "What about you?"

"I couldn't sleep either." Todoroki hopes the darkness could hide his blush. The moon cast a silver glow upon Midoriya, seemingly making his features glow. The stars were reflected in Midoriya's eyes, making them glitter.

"Why?" Midoriya asks and takes a long drink from his mug.

"I'm having trouble of thinking for a gift for my secret Santa." Todoroki admits.

"Maybe I can help. What are they like?" Midoriya closes his eyes again.

"Well, they're the most wonderful person. They always care about others and they're really smart. And when I see them, I want to go over and give them a hug." Todoroki smiles gently.

"They must be amazing." Midoriya mutters.

"They are." Todoroki fiddles with his hands, trying to make his blush go away.

"If I were you, I would just give that person a hug." Midoriya squeezes his mug. "Your tone suggests that they might need it."

"That's...not a bad idea. Anyways, why were you up?" Todoroki hurriedly changes the subject.

"Nightmares."

"Oh right, you mentioned something like that back at the hotel. Do you still want me to stay with you?"

Midoriya opens his eyes and looks down into his mug. "I really don't want to burden you Todoroki. I'll just bring you trouble."

"No, it might help me too. You definitely need sleep though." Todoroki wraps his left arm around Midoriya and activates his quirk slightly.

"If it'll help you too, then fine." Midoriya snuggles closer to Todoroki, causing him to go into mental-breakdown-panic mode.

"Ok." Todoroki took a deep breath and slowly walked back to the dorms with Midoriya.

Midoriya's POV

Todoroki's embrace felt safe. For once in a long time, Midoriya's mind was quiet and calm. His thoughts and worries quieted down, and the voice wasn't present.

Midoriya didn't want to be in his dorm room, so he curled up on the common room couch. Todoroki sat next to him and kept his arm wrapped around Midoriya. He laid his head on Todoroki's shoulder, and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.
————————————————————————
Hey everyone!

I haven't done one of these in awhile.

I'm just here to say that I won't be coming up with names for the chapters anymore, because I never know what to call them and they're weird (to me at least. You can have your own opinion. Sorry if you liked them).

Anyways, have a nice day/night!