Chapter 7: USJ

Third Person POV (omniscient)

A week has passed and it was time to go to the USJ Training Center. Almost everyone cheered when Aizawa announced this. Class 1-A walked outside to the bus and chatted amongst themselves as they drove there. Shadow sat all the way in the back and found Todoroki next to him. They didn't so much as talk or look at each other, probably because Shadow turned into a shadow blob and slipped away.

As they started pulling in to USJ, Aizawa did a head count. He paused and stated, "Hey where's Shadow." Shadow appeared back to his seat and said a quiet "Here." Todoroki hid his surprise well, but he was thinking OhmygodwhattheheckhewastherethewholetimewhatIdidn'tevenseehim.

Shadow didn't tell anyone, but he had a small feeling of unease that steadily increased as he started walking to USJ. He didn't want to worry his friends so he kept quiet like he did best.

Everyone (except for Bakugou, Shadow, Todoroki, and a few others) gasped at the giant interior. There were huge sections with different disasters. The latter included blizzards, shipwrecks, fire, etc.

"Hello Aizawa." A voice said in front of them. "Good to see you again." Uraraka squealed. "Oh my gosh! It's pro-hero Thirteen!"

Thirteen chuckled. This year's group seem like promising heros. She thought. Before Thirteen could continue, a purple warp gate appeared. Several students were confused but one question was running through everyone's head, What is going on?

"Everyone get behind me and Aizawa!" Thirteen hissed and turned towards the warp gate. Two villains stepped out. Shadow identified them as Tomura Shigaraki and Kurogiri. There was another dark figure who stepped out, a horrifying bird headed creature with its brains exposed. Huge scars covered it's body. After the creature stepped out, more minor villains pored out of the warp gate.

"Hello students and teachers." Shigaraki laughed and scratched his neck. He spotted Shadow and laughed again. "Hello Shadow I guess you really didn't tell anyone." The students looked horrified and turned to Shadow. You can practically feel the waves of regret and guilt radiating off of him.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING YOU BASTARD!" Bakugou yelled, explosions popping off his palms. Aizawa restrained him with his capture weapon. "Bakugou, stop. They would've taken Eri." Aizawa realized too late that he basically just admitted that Shadow had told them about the attack, but it was too late. Shigaraki heard Aizawa.

"Get Eri here." Shigaraki growled to Kurogiri. How dare he betray us like that? He knew what was at risk! Shigaraki was furious. At least we can use Eri against him now.

Kurogiri warped away and was back with Eri a few moments later. Shigaraki pulled a frightened Eri and placed four of his fingers on Eri's neck. Shadow's blood roared in his ears. He made a knife from his shadows and was prepared to throw it but was stopped when Shigaraki said, "Dont move or she dies." Shigaraki also told Eri, "Your brother could have prevented this. He doesn't care about you."

"Shut up! Brother cares about me very much! He told me that!" Eri cried, tears began pouring down her face. Students and teachers alike were frozen. Shadow was shaking, regret and shame clawing at him. Why did I leave Eri alone in our dorm? It's all my fault, it's all my fault, it's all my fault. I couldn't protect her again...

"Enough with this. Where's All Might?" Shigaraki snarled, fingers dangerously close to Eri's neck. Eri squeaked, tears still running. Shadow flinched, shaking even harder. Shigaraki snarled when he didn't see All Might. "Why isn't he here? The schedule said he would be here today. Maybe he'll come if we killed a few of his precious students. Kurogiri!"

Mist covered the students and teachers except Thirteen who sucked the mist into her fingers, Iida who jumped out of the way, and Aizawa who threw himself into the group of villains. The rest of the students found themselves in a disaster zone.