Chapter 2: Flashback/Dream

Midoriya, age 4

"Brat, useless, weak." A man's voice spoke.

Midoriya was on the ground, sobbing as he nursed his burs and cuts.

"No dinner tonight." Hisashi spoke again. He left his son on the floor and went to get his daughter. Even though only age one, Eri knew what was going on. She shot Midoriya a guilty look and went with her father.

Midoriya seemed to get quieter, and quieter, until he barely spoke at all. The only person he spoke to was Eri and his friend, Katsuki Bakugou.

Next morning...

"Hey Deku!" Bakugou waved. Deku means useless but Midoriya liked the nickname because it was similar to another word, dekiru, meaning I can do it.

"Hey Kacchan!" Midoriya smiled. They walked to class together.

After school...

"Brat," Hisashi growled at Midoriya. Midoriya flinched, and prepared himself for the pain and yelling. "You'll stay home from now on. No more school."

Midoriya was horrified that his only happiness besides Eri was being taken away, but he said nothing, fearing a beating.

A few months later...

"...the victims of this accident are Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya...both proclaimed dead..." Midoriya closed the computer, a blank look on his face.

He hated his dad, but his dear mother...

Midoriya held Eri as they both cried themselves to sleep. From then on, Midoriya almost never spoke. He finally got his shadow quirk but it was very weak. With the little money he stole, it wasn't enough to go back to school or have an apartment. Midoriya and Eri lived in a dark alley, with only a computer, some thin blankets, and a small and thin mattress.

Midoriya, age 7

"No, don't hurt her!" Midoriya screamed. "Stop it!" His voice was hoarse as this was the first time the boy had spoken in months.

The villains just smirked and leapt away, leaving a small boy and limp form lying on the ground, slowly bleeding to death.

"Eri, ERI. Please don't leave me!" Midoriya whisper cried. "You can't go yet."

Midoriya scooped up Eri and quickly got back to the alley and bandaged Eri the best he could with trembling fingers. He added a layer of his shadows even though it gave him a massive headache.

"Eri, please don't go." Midoriya whispered, then cried himself to sleep.

Next morning...

"Brother," Eri got up and coughed. "Brother?"

Midoriya immediately woke up and cried tears of joy. He hugged Eri  as she comforted him.

"Brother," Eri said. "My chest hurts and I feel so tired."

Midoriya hurriedly got up and searched the trash for painkillers. He sighed as he came up empty.

"I'll be right back Eri." Midoriya struggled to speak as he cleaned himself the best he could. He grabbed some money from underneath his pillow then raced out the alley.

After getting Eri the painkillers, everything was okay, but Midoriya felt a huge amount of anger and resentment towards the villains and heros. He was obviously mad at the villains for hurting his precious sister, but also mad at the hero's for not showing up.

'I'll train and be strong so I can protect Eri and everyone in need. I'll show the hero's that I am stronger than them and they need to protect everyone.' Midoriya vowed to himself. From that day on, Midoriya trained his quirk to the best of his abilities. He also bought another computer and taught himself and Eri. Midoriya also found that he loved drawing and hacking, so he did that everyday. Midoriya disappeared and Shadow took his place.

Midoriya, age 10

"Brother!" Eri smiled and looked up from the computer. "How was it today? How many people did you save?"

Midoriya, or Shadow, as he and Eri referred to him that way more, smiled and tried to whisper, "Good, I saved a lot of people." But ended up coughing blood instead.

"Brother," Eri looked at Shadow with concern. "You don't need to use your voice just because it's better for me. I'm already 7."

All right. Shadow signed, then relayed the message again. I also stole some food and money for us. Eri smiled and helped her brother get breakfast ready. She stayed on the computer and learned while Shadow slept.

Shadow had a pretty big name around the city and Shadow started mastering his quirk. He now was one of the top ten wanted vigilantes. Shadow used his hacking skills to learn about all the heros, and watched them fight from the alleys.

Midoriya, age 12

Eri was attacked again but Shadow was able to protect her this time. He felt proud as he whisked away from the scene with Eri clutching his arm. Pro hero Eraserhead caught a glimpse of the vigilante before he disappeared.

Eri was slowly developing her quirk, which rewound time, and helped her brother heal after tough scuffles.
————————————————————————
Shadow woke up in a sweat. Clutching his head as he quietly got up as to not disturb a sleeping Eri and Luna. His heart was still racing from his dream.

Even though it's been years since that terrible night where Eri almost died, Shadow still got nightmares about the screams of his sister as her skin was torn apart.

'Six-forty five.' Shadow thought. 'Enough time to get ready and walk to the class. Might be a bit late though.'

Shadow sighed and changed into a black and white hoodie, blue sweatpants, and his red boots.

He stood outside classroom 1-A. 'Time to put on a show.' He thought. Then he quietly knocked on the door.
————————————————————————
Word count: 925

Hey again. Double update!

I forgot to say that '' means they're thinking and italics means either Shadow's 'typing' or it's a dream.

Yeah I know it's late and there's school tomorrow. Do I care? No.

Note: there will be more POVs starting next chapter.

Thanks for wasting your time on this trash.