Chapter 4: Tests

Shadow's POV

There was a knock on the door, causing Eri and several cats to jump and hide. Shadow sighed and went up to get the door.

"Hey Shadow-kun!" Uraraka stood outside the door, smiling. "Principal Nezu wants to see you!" She said in a cheery tone.

'Thanks for telling me Uraraka-san.' Shadow's eyes glow a bit brighter. He turns back and types, 'I'll be back after Eri.' Then turns and locks the door behind him.

Wonder what he wants. Shadow thinks. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Third Person POV

Shadow warps (is that better than jumps?) into Nezu's office. He's slightly surprised to find himself warp into a chair perfectly set up for him, with shadows around for him to warp there. Nezu sits at his seat, smiling when Shadow appears.

"Hello again Shadow." He says, taking a sip from a cup. "How is it?"

'Good.' Shadow replies. 'I assume the other students know about the rules?'

"Yes of course." Nezu sets the cup down and takes a long breath. "Now, the reason why I called you here today is so that we can assess your physical and mental skills. Basically a few tests."

Shadow sits silently for a few moments before nodding slightly. 'How long will this take?'

"About an hour or maybe more." Nezu takes another sip. "Depends on how fast you are."

Shadow did nothing and Nezu smiles and tells him where to go next for the tests.

Outside at the Field

"Here, you will be taking your physical tests." Nezu says. "In elementary and junior high, these tests were done without quirks. You can use your quirk here now. Please do your best."

Shadow complies as he as taken to each testing area. 100 meter dash, less than a second. Shadow warped from his shadow to another shadow he produced at the finish line. Ball throw, halfway across the planet. Shadow warped the ball into an alleyway in the US. Grip strength, machine is broken. Shadow created a shadow hand which crushed the machine. (Is that how the grip strength test works? Idk. Anyways we're moving on cuz I'm lazy and idk the other tests.)

Nezu's POV and some of Shadow's POV

Nezu nodded as Shadow did each test, dominating each one. "Excellent! Now let's move on the the mental/intellect test!" He says while clapping his paws together.

Shadow was worn out from using his quirk but he hid his exhaustion and warped into Nezu's office which made him even more worn out. Nonetheless, his mask stayed unbroken. Because you see, these weren't regular tests. Nezu specifically made them harder to see what Shadow's limits were. He was surprised that the boy still seemed blank and unreadable. He should be nearing his limits.

As Shadow took an IQ test, Nezu spoke to Aizawa about Shadow's blankness and how he wasn't able to make him show his true colors.

"What should we do?" Aizawa says to Nezu with concern. "If the contract wasn't in place, he might've escaped by now."

"No," Nezu answered which surprised Aizawa. "Remember when we captured him?" He let Aizawa think for a bit. "He could have easily escaped us that night but he chose to stay. He was already trying to change."

Shadow in the other room, overheard everything, and smiled to himself. He quietly finished the IQ test.

IQ: 182

Btw, you can choose to be in a dorm or not.

Todoroki's POV

As Todoroki walked home, he couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious new student. He seemed so distant and so cold even though everyone was right there.