Chapter 6: Trust and Training

Weeks later... (Monday)

Third Person POV

Shadow woke up, breathing hard. Eri's scream still ringing in his ears. He had gotten used to the nightmares but this time, Eri's screams were extra horrible and twisted. Ever since the incident at the mall, he was sleeping worse and worse. Shadow calmed down, reassured himself that Eri was fine, and changed out of his pajamas into a dark green hoodie with light green stripes going across his chest and sweatpants. The teachers didn't mind that he wasn't wearing the uniforms.

Shadow gently shook Eri awake. "Eri, wake up. Let's go." He whispered to Eri as she got up and yawned.

Eri rubbed her eyes, and changed out of her pajamas into a small Yuuei uniform. Eri was in Shadow's class to learn something, but she would always be typing on her computer and answered any questions that came her way immediately.

Shadow has tried to become closer to everyone after Denki told him everyone thought of him as a friend. The teachers now knew Shadow can speak but not for long or very loudly because he hasn't spoken much at all in the past few years. This led to an underdeveloped throat. The teachers suggested that Shadow speak more to make his voice stronger. Shadow can now whisper but needed to drink lots of water or else he'll cough blood. He can also speak in a normal voice but only for a few minutes a day. He tried not to speak though most of the time. The class was surprised that Shadow can speak but didn't try to pry into why which he was grateful for.

After Eri and Shadow got ready, Shadow warped into the kitchen with Eri and they both grabbed and apple and were off to class. Most of the class was already there when Shadow and Eri warped in.

"Hey Shadow!" Uraraka said to Shadow and walk over to him with Iida and Todoroki. He and Todoroki always seemed to end up next to each other because they were both introverts.

"Hey Uraraka-san." Shadow whispered, then took a sip from a bottle of water he grabbed while in the dorm. "What is it?" He crunched his apple.

Bakugou's POV

Bakugou was on his desk still thinking about Shadow's familiarity. It felt like he was with Midoriya again. Bakugou was only with Midoriya for one year, but the two had grown close. Midoriya was teased a lot because of his small size so Bakugou naturally protected him.

Flashback

Third Person POV

"Hey! Who are you?" Bakugou walked up to a small green haired boy.

"I-I'm Izuku Midoriya." Midoriya stuttered.

"I like your backpack!" Bakugou points at Midoriya's Hero backpack. "I'm Bakugou by the way. Can I call you Deku?"

From then on, the two boys were always together, talking about hero's and playing together.

But then, after Midoriya's mom and dad died, Midoriya never went back to school. Of course, Bakugou worried about his friend. After his quirk developed, he wished he could show Midoriya. In middle school, he wished he could have shown Midoriya his academic awards. He wished he could see him in the beginning of class, sitting there, reading thick books or doodling. He wished his best friend was here with him.

When the Bakugous reported this, the heros only searched for mere weeks before closing the case. After the heros proclaimed the missing boy dead, Bakugou knew Midoriya didn't die. He was too bright to kill himself and smart enoguh to take care of himself. No one would want to hurt the ball of sunshine.

Bakugou visited Midoriya's apartment many times but always found it empty. If-no, when Midoriya got back, Bakugou would show how tough he got. He swore that one day, he would find his best friend again.