Chapter 9: Awake

Word Count: 1321

Third Person POV

A week has gone by, and the Sports Festival was upon the students of Yuuei. Class 1-B was excitedly discussing plans and strategies, trying to win a spot in 1-A. Class 1-A however, still waited for news on Midoriya's condition.

"Class, I know you are all worried about Midoriya." Aizawa says on the day of the festival. "We have received news that Midoriya will wake up soon. Now, don't disappoint me in the Sports Festival." The last part was almost inaudible because the class broke out with chatter. Aizawa just sighed, too tired to repeat himself.

"Thank goodness Midoriya-kun is going to be okay!" Uraraka said to Iida and Tsu. "It's also kinda weird because I'm so used to calling him Shadow!"

"Yes. Agreed." Iida nods his head.

"Kero." was all Tsu said.

Denki and Kirishima joins them, also dragging a grumbling Bakugou along.

"Hey guys!" Denki says and plops himself down in the empty seat next to them. "Aren't you excited to see what Midoriya actually looks like?"

"Kaminari, it's rude to be only thinking about looks." Iida waves his arms at Denki.

"Sorry, but it's true! I also hope he can cope with the...situation." Denki's face fell a bit, but almost immediately brightens. "Oh and good luck with the Sports Festival!" He then faceplants into the table.

Uraraka looks at Denki with a wavering smile. "Wow Denki, you seem...so energetic!"

Kirishima yawns. "He dragged me to train last night and had like, 2 cups of coffee this morning."

"That...explains things." Uraraka laughed a bit. Bakugou just gave a 'Tch' and returns back to his seat.

Bakugou's POV

An announcement is made, the students ride buses to the stadium, and gather in their designated waiting rooms. The doors were lifted, and the awed students are met with a huge crowd and their cheers.

"Man, watching it on TV is much more different than being here in person." Bakugou hears someone from Class 1-B say. Well no shit. He thinks. Of course it's different. What did you expect. Is everyone seriously this brain dead.

The students walk to the center of a huge field where there was a stage.

Present Mic's voice rang out in the stadium. "Welcome students, teachers, and guests! The Sports Festival starts now!" The crowd cheers then quiets down. "Our class representatives will now give us an inspiring speech!"

Bakugou was ushered into the stage. "I will be number 1." He says in a flat voice. This was met with boos from the other students. Bakugou smirks. I'll beat all these shitty extras.

Bakugou was barely listening to Class 1-B's representative talk. Jeez. This is taking forever. When will the action start.

Midoriya's POV

Midoriya is surrounded by darkness. He can't, see, feel, hear, smell, or taste anything. He can only feel himself breathe, the only sign that he is alive. The darkness is suffocating him, making him gag and struggle. A voice suddenly rang out in this dark place.

Worthless.
Weak.
Pathetic.
Useless.
Die already.
Die.
DIE.

The voice was getting louder and louder. Midoriya still couldn't see or feel, but he could smell blood and taste something so vile that he wanted to throw up.