Chapter 10: Sports Festival

Flippin' 3488 words. This chapter took forever. You're welcome.

Third Person POV

After the representative from Class 1-B finally finished her speech, it was time to move on.

"ALLLLLRIGHT!" Present Mic's voice rang out. "LET'S HAVE MIDNIGHT REVEAL THE FIRST GAME!"

Midnights steps up into the stage. "The first game, is an obstacle race! You may use your quirks in any way you want as long as you don't leave the course!"

Everyone is set up in a corridor, waiting for the games to begin. The countdown counts to zero, and students start rushing out. Todoroki freezes the ground, effectively stopping many people. Most students that escaped the ice attack were from Class 1-A.

"AND TODOROKI TAKES THE LEAD!"

Mineta uses his balls to jump across the ice. However, he was knocked out of the air by a villain robot.

"THESE ARE THE ZERO POINTERS FROM THE ENTRANCE EXAM! HOW WILL THE STUDENTS DEFEAT THEM?"

Todoroki freezes a robot and continues forward under it. Bakugou flies over the robots, followed by Tokoyami and Sero. However, Todoroki freezes the robot at an unstable angle, and the robot falls. Kirishima and a Class 1-B student, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, get crushed. But their quirks saved them from any fatal injuries.

"AAAAND TODOROKI HAS REACHED THE NEXT STAGE!"

The next stage was a huge pit with stone pillars and tightropes. Todoroki uses his ice to help balance him as he slides across, Bakugou uses his explosions to fly across. A support student, Mei Hatsume, uses her 'babies' to help her fly across as well. Iida and Tsu jump from pool at to pillar. Aoyama uses his laser to fly from pillar to pillar, while the rest of the students have to manually get across.

"HALF AND HALF YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?!" Bakugou was catching up to Todoroki.

"AND IT SEEMS THAT CLASS 1-A'S BAKUGOU KATSUKI AND TODOROKI SHOUTO ARE NECK AND NECK FOR FIRST! THEY HAVE REACHED THE FINAL STAGE!" Present Mic was screaming at this point. Eraserhead had to erase his quirk and give him a microphone instead.

The final stage was a huge field. Todoroki threw a piece of ice onto the field, which became engulfed in pink glitter. Class 1-B was catching up so Class 1-A sped up, causing many glitter explosions. Bakugou simply exploded himself into first, followed by Todoroki who took his time a little more. As time passed, more and more people reached the end of the obstacle race.

The students returned to the stadium where Midnight revealed the next part of the Sports Festival: the Free For All (Yes I am changing it up).

"Only the top forty-two will advance to the next round. Those will each have a ribbon. You may use your quirks to get as many ribbons as possible. When your ribbon is stolen, you are out. Once there are only sixteen people left, the Free For All stops, and they will advance to the final event." Midnight waved some people over who gave each of the forty-two advancers a white ribbon. "Your ribbon must be visible, neck up, there are no teams, you may use your quirk however you want but try not to hurt anyone too bad. Good luck, and PLUS ULTRA!"

She was met with cheers from the crowd, and a few from the students. The people who didn't advance were ushered out of the stadium into a section of the stands reserved for students. The rest tied their ribbons to their heads and got ready for battle.

A buzzer sounded, and chaos erupted from the stadium. Bakugou was making explosions, covering his area with smoke. He came out soon with a handful of ribbons that he put around his neck.