Chapter 16

Word Count: 725

Midoriya's POV

After another sleepless night, Midoriya closed his computer and made coffee like he always does.

This morning however, there were colorful lights and tinsel everywhere, a few places were seemingly burned off. Midoriya moves a dangling string of lights to the side and continues on.

I've been all over the web. Still nothing yet. Midoriya's fist clenches around his mug. Luna and Floof hop off Midoriya's shoulders and wait for food.

"Here." Midoriya mutters as he got water, vegetables, and a bit of meat for them. He sits there and watches Floof and Luna eat, thinking hard and trying to make connections.

"Hey, Midoriya!" Kirishima walks out of the elevators. "You're up early!"

"I don't know how you can survive being up early, but today's the last day before Christmas!" Denki follows Kirishima soon after while yawning.

"Good morning." Midoriya mutters to each of them as they sit down. "What're you gonna do today?"

"Well, we've got a surprise planned, and we want you to help with it!" Kirishima grins. "We also need Todoroki's help."

"...ok?"

"Yeah...it's...a great...surprise." Denki says while struggling to keep his eyes open. "Seriously! How...can you wake up early?!"

"What do you need help with? Make it quick though." Midoriya cleans up after Luna and Floof. "I need to get back to work."

"Relax for once! Okay, here's what we're gonna do..." Kirishima quietly whispers to Midoriya.

Third Person POV

The next day, Kirishima, Denki, Midoriya, and Todoroki woke up super early again to set up their surprise.

When everything was set, they went back inside, and three out of the four went back to sleep.

Midoriya took one of his drawings and set off to Hosu.

"What are you doing here again kid? And waking me up so early!" Gran Torino said in an annoyed voice when he opened the door.

Just a quick thank you and happy Christmas. Midoriya signed and pushed a bag and a piece of paper into Gran Torino's hands. Then he left as quickly as possible.

Gran Torino, puzzled, opened the bag and found a large number of Taiyaki inside. Pleased, he unfolded the piece of paper and saw a very detailed drawing of himself.

This kid has overdone himself. Best gift ever received. Gran Torino threw some taiyaki into the microwave.

Midoriya found a secluded spot and warped back to his room. He quickly grabs a wrapped box and several pieces of paper then warps downstairs.

"Midoriya, where were you?" Todoroki asks.

"Quick visit." Midoriya sets down his presents below the Christmas tree.

"EVERYONE! COME TO THE COMMON ROOM! WE'RE GONNA OPEN PRESENTS!" Mina screams at the top of her lungs.

"SHUT UP RACCON EYES!" Bakugou yells back.

After everyone finally gathers around the tree, Mina, Tokoyami, and Shoji pass out the presents.

"Wait, Midoriya, did you give everyone something? You know...you're supposed to just give your secret Santa something?" Hagakure asks.

"I didn't want anyone to feel left out." Midoriya muttered. "So I got something for everyone. Also, sorry Hagakure, I don't know what you look like."

"It's fine Midoriya! That's super sweet of you!" Hagakure opens her paper. "I love this outfit you drew me though!"

Todoroki's POV

"Umm...Midoriya?" Todoroki nervously rubs his neck. "Can I pull you to the side?"

Midoriya gets up and follows Todoroki behind the corner. Todoroki saw the looks the girls gave him and burned up more.

"What is it?" Midoriya asks when they were alone.

Suddenly Todoroki gets a feeling of doubt. I can't do this. What if he doesn't like it? Oh my gosh what am I supposed to do?

"Are...you okay?" Midoriya puts his hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

You know what, whatever. Todoroki pulls Midoriya close and hugs him tightly. Slowly but surely, Todoroki could feel Midoriya's hands wrap around him too.

"What was that for?" Midoriya mutters.

"That was my gift to you." Todoroki loosens his grip.

"But, I'm not amazing, or a wonderful person." Midoriya let's go and steps back, looking down.

"No, you're the best person there is." Todoroki hugs Midoriya again. "You're always putting others in front of yourself, and you help anyone who asks for it or doesn't."

"...thank you, Todoroki." Midoriya whispers and squeezes Todoroki.

"Call me Shouto." Todoroki smiles and blushes slightly.

"Ok, Sho. Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas."
————————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter!

Happy holidays!

I drew this. Please don't steal.