Chapter 11: Eri

Word Count: 1018

Eri's POV

Eri was crying. She hadn't done that in awhile. She saw Midoriya's tears too when he tried to save her. He just got a disintegrated wrist for his troubles.

Eri felt something hit her on her head, then she couldn't remember anything that happened next.

Brother will come after me. Brother will come after me. Brother will come after me. No matter how long it takes, he will come. Eri repeated the phrases in her head like a mantra.

Curling up on the small bed she found herself on, Eri sobbed and wished for nothing more than just to have Midoriya by her side.

Eri cried and cried until she had no more tears inside of her. Changing out of her comfortable, but filthy, hoodie, Eri hid under the bed and tried to fall asleep.

Time skip...

Eri felt herself being pulled out from under the bed. She felt rough leather gloves crushing her hand. She felt fear running through her veins.

"Let me go! I want Izu back!" Eri tried to pull away but was unsuccessful. "Bring me back! I need Izu!" Eri screamed.

"Shut up, Eri." A very scary looking man with a huge mechanical beak shoved Eri onto the floor and tilted her face upwards. "Try and run. I doubt you'll last even a minute." He hissed.

Eri stopped screaming and trembled. Izu will come. Izu will come and save me. He promised...

"Good." The scary man roughly pulled Eri into a creepy white room with a white table and constraints. "Get on the table."

"W-what?"

"Get on the table!"

Eri cried out as she was slammed onto the table. Her arms and legs were restrained. "LET ME OUT! I NEED IZU!" Eri started crying again before blacking out.

Eri saw darkness and felt nothing. She tried to scream out for Midoriya but she couldn't for some reason. Suddenly after a long time, she could feel her toes, then legs, then stomach, hands, arms, neck. Then it felt like her body exploded.

"IT HURTS! STOP IT!" Eri cried out and struggled against the restraints. "LET ME OUT!"

"SHUT UP FOR ONCE!" The scary man roared.

"Overhaul, she's a child. You can't just yell at her as if she's an adult." Another man in a bird mask said. Eri thought he looked like one of those doctors from Europe a long time ago.

"Well look, Nemoto. She got everything dirty!" Overhaul snapped at Nemoto.

Eri was freed from the restraints, and...saw blood all over the floor. She's seen blood before, many times, but the sight of the crimson blood splattered on top of white made her sick.

Eri cried and wouldn't stop even after Overhaul told her to shut up. Nemoto wasn't as rough as Overhaul, and even got bandages for some reason.

Eri reached out a hand to take the bandages, and was met with the sight of long, pale scars running in all directions all over her body. Eri almost screamed. She bit her bottom lip the last second so only a whimper came out.

Flashback

Eri woke up and saw Midoriya panting heavily and crouched over, holding his stomach. Rain was pouring all around them, and Eri was inside a small tent made of metal, keeping her dry from the rain.

"Brother!" Eri ran over to Midoriya. "Are you okay?" Eri activated her quirk and started slowly rewinding Midoriya.

'Yes I'm fine.' Midoriya made floating letters. 'Don't worry about me too much. I believe in you.'

Eri smiled and stopped rewinding once she saw Midoriya pull his hand away from his stomach. "Does it hurt?"

'A little.' Midoriya admitted. 'But it's better thanks to you.'

"I've always wanted to ask you," Eri said as she was scooped up by Midoriya. "Would you scream if you could? Doesn't it hurt a lot?"

'No.' Midoriya held Eri close in the small tent. 'I wouldn't scream.'

"Why?" Eri asked as she huddled closer to Midoriya. "Wouldn't you want to because it hurts?"

'When you scream, it's telling the people around you that you're hurt or in pain. When the villains hear this, they get satisfaction that they hurt you. It also tells the person that you're saving you're hurt, making them lose hope. I don't scream because I will never give the villains satisfaction or make the civilians lose hope. I won't show weakness in front of anyone.' Midoriya wrapped his arms around Eri. 'Go to sleep now. I'll be here tonight.'

End of flashback

Eri held in her screams as she bandaged herself. She wrapped her arms, legs, neck, and a good portion of her torso. I won't show weakness anymore. Not in front of villains. Eri's arms shook from pain and longing. Izu will come save me. I know he will eventually. I'll be strong for him.

Time skip...

Eri was curled up on the bed. It's been how many days now? Eri hasn't seen the sun since, and she doesn't know how many meals she gets a day.

As usual, Nemoto came in her room. But he sat down instead of taking her to Overhaul.

Eri panicked. Oh no. Is something wrong? Why is Nemoto sitting here?

"Eri, I will be asking you questions now. Don't resist." Nemoto said.

Don't...resist? Eri backed up as much as she could and pressed herself onto the wall.

"Alright. Who is this Izu that you're talking about." Nemoto calmly said.

Suddenly, Eri had the urge to tell him about Midoriya. Oh. This is what he meant by resist. As hard as she tried, Eri couldn't stop herself from saying, "M-my b-brother."

"Who is your brother?"

"I-Izu."

"I'm assuming Izuku Midoriya. Is that correct?"

"Y-yes."

"Alright. Does he have any plans to take us down?"

"I-I don't know."

"What connection does he have with the League of Villains?"

"I-I don't know."

"Alright. That is all."

Eri felt the urge to tell the truth stop, and Nemoto left. Letting out a shaky breath, Eri walked over to the door and rattled the handle. Like always, it was locked.