Chapter 12: Work Studies

Word Count: 2590

Midoriya's POV

Midoriya woke up, his brain and the voice not letting him forget the events at the USJ. He would always wake up right before he grabbed onto Eri's hand, forcing him to relive not being able to save her, over and over again.

Midoriya warped outside and breathed in the cool, winter air. It stung his lungs, but it made him feel free and safe, it brought him back into reality and away from the nightmares. But only for a moment.

Midoriya silently walked in the darkness and came upon Aizawa and a purple haired boy walking side by side.

"Midoriya, what are you doing here?" Aizawa asked when he saw Midoriya. "It's very late. You need to go to Hosu tomorrow for your work studies remember?"

"Can't sleep." Midoriya said quietly, knowing they wouldn't be able to see his sign or see his shadows in the near total darkness.

Aizawa sighed. "Please try to get some sleep. I'm already dealing with Shinsou, Hitoshi here. I don't have enough time to deal with you too." Aizawa grumbles.

"Don't worry. I won't get in your way or anything. I'll be off now." Midoriya starts walking, but is stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

Shinsou offered him a cup filled with dark liquid and said, "Here. Drink this. I think you need it more than me."

Aizawa sighed again. "Shinsou, stop trying to create more coffee addicts."

Shinsou just grinned and replied, "No promises. He did look like he needed it though."

"Thank you." Midoriya murmured. The coffee was still warm, slowly heating up his freezing hands. He took a sip and quite enjoyed the subtle bitterness that came with it. It was slowly waking him up more as he walked around Yuuei's campus.

By the time Midoriya came back to the dorms from the trip around Yuuei, Shinsou's coffee cup was already freezing and the sun was already starting to rise.

"Oh. Hey Midoriya." Iida greeted the greenette. "I see that you're up early for our work studies at Hosu."

Todoroki was also up, already halfway out the door with a small bag. They nodded at each other and went on their way.

Midoriya set the coffee cup in the sink for washing later, and warped to his room. He packed two hoodies, two pairs of sweatpants, extra socks, his hero costume, and his computer into a small bag. His hero costume was just a fire-proof hoodie and sweatpants, and dark shoes with sturdy rubber soles, good for running and jumping around. It was enough, but Midoriya needed to remind himself to sew on extra hidden pockets on after the work studies. Sometimes, the shadows weren't strong enough and real weapons were needed, and no amount is good enough, or too much. Midoriya also put his phone into his hoodie.

Luna meows at Midoriya sadly, her eyes shining. Midoriya sighs. I suppose they never said anything about pets. Luna won't be taken away...I hope.

Midoriya lets Luna crawl up his pants and around his neck. Luna's eyes close, and she lets out a soft purr, soothing Midoriya.

Midoriya and Iida walked to the station together. If Midoriya could, he would have warped there immediately, but he didn't have permission to use his quirk.

After a long train ride, Midoriya and Iida parted.

"Good luck, Midoriya, at your work study." Iida waved his arms around.

Don't do anything stupid. Midoriya signed and looked at Iida with a hard stare. You need to be in control of yourself here.

Iida stiffens. Hero Killer, Stain, attacking his brother, Ingenium, has affected his behavior for the past few days. Midoriya knew that despite whatever he said, Iida would still go after Stain. Midoriya made a mental note to keep on the look out for Iida and Stain's inevitable meeting.