Ending Two Part Two

"No."

No. No? The word blistered painfully in Tom's ears. The burning drove him out of control, as he proceeded to flail about in frustration. He paced around the throne room until all he could do was explode.

"What else do you want from me??" He felt like he was screaming underwater and no matter how hard he tried he could never break through the surface. "A union! That's all you needed and now you can have it! You get what you want either way, so let me have what I want!"

King Dominic was as cold as a treacherous, unforgiving tundra. He froze the surface, fully willing to let Tom drown. "I won't have it. This is way things are done, and they will stand!"

"Your Majesty!" Zendaya cut him off, souring him even more.

"Princess, these ideals will never be accepted in my kingdom or yours! No amount of babbling will change that. I suggest you stay silent!" King Dominic snapped, cutting into her for the first time.

"I may be a princess, but I am not a doll." She lashed back. "I am not so fragile as to sit on the back of a shelf! You will not silence me." Zendaya marched up to his throne, relishing the uncertainty in his eyes as she approached. She stalked him like a tiger, ready to swipe a paw at any moment. "You know nothing of my kingdom, and you know nothing of love. I suggest you stay silent and prepare your signature. You've got many papers to sign once you order their ship to return to port."

"I'd sooner sink their ship." He spat, holding her intense gaze.

"Father!" Sam shouted, appalled.

"He'll not marry that peasant! I'll see he doesn't if it's the last thing I do!" He stood from his throne, facing them all.

Queen Nicola began to weep at his cruel final wishes. "Dominic, please! Why can't he—"

He snarled, annoyed at his wife's sympathy for Tom. "Royalty must marry royalty! Pure royalty! She's virtueless! And if that wasn't enough, she's a married peasant girl! She is nothing to the crown!"

"But she means everything to me, father!" Tom shouted, finally feeling firm in something. "I've been trying to tell you that I don't want the crown, so please just let me go."

The king frowned. "Son, you're just...confused. You may think you feel a certain way—but in reality you're just retaliating—"

"No." Tom mumbled, shaking his head as his father spoke, tearing him down.

"You don't know what you're feeling!" He softened and climbed off his throne, finally looking at Tom like a son again. "What you feel is strong and new, my boy, but it doesn't last. It's not worth fighting this hard for—years from now these feelings will fade and you will understand—"

He was cut off by a smack in the face. He was hit so hard and fast almost no one saw it. Queen Nicola stood beside Tom enraged, bursting like a comet. She was silent, but Tom saw the pain in her face from the memories flooding back into her. They had been suppressed for too long.

"Nicola—why—" He coughed, holding his cheek.

"I love you." She said sternly. "But I will never forget—" Gasping, she turned away from him, horrified of what secrets were flying from her mouth. A few tears welled in her eyes as she faced him again. "You should speak for yourself, Dominic." She said quickly, before running out of the room.