Ending Two Part Three

The reunion was heaven on earth, but, as the phrase implies, it was very short lived. Tensions rose as their ships came to port, for King Dominic was waiting for them. There were dozens of armed guards lining the shore. They looked ready to fight, but were also unorganized. Harrison stared in disapproval. "What's the plan?" He asked Tom.

"I'm not sure. What do you think they're going to do?" Tom replied, seeing the strategist in Harrison coming out.

"It depends on who's giving them orders. Their stance is weak if you ignore the weapons. They may not know what they're doing yet." He looked around, pensive. "Stay here with Beth. Go down into the lower deck."

"Are you sure you'll be safe?"

"Positive. These are my men." He smirked. Tom cracked a smile as he went to do what he was told. He lead Beth down into the heart of the ship, locking them into a cabin.

"What's happening?" She pressed.

"I don't know yet, but everything will be alright." He kissed her forehead. "We're finally together, love, and that is how it shall stay for the rest of our lives."

She raised a brow, almost unaffected by his romantic valor. "How long is that exactly?"

He laughed, seeing the little spark in her eye that he loved. "I'd wager at least five minutes or so before something eventful happens, and after that the possibilities are endless."

"What are our odds, do you think?"

He pulled her close, never dreaming of letting go. "I never cared much about whether the odds were good. As long as you love me, I will never stop fighting whatever odds are against us." He clutched her tightly, kissing her with an almost startling strength and urgency.

Beth returned his desperate embrace, suddenly bewildered by where she was. It seemed like years since she had been alone in her little cottage, wondering when someone truly devoted would come along. Somehow he found her when they were never meant to meet. "Oh, Tom." She whimpered. "I love you."

Above deck, Harrison quickly finished mulling over his lackluster strategy. He called the others over. "Sam, Zendaya!"

"What do we do, Haz?" Sam clapped a hand on his shoulder, trying to disguise his fear with comradery.

"Sam, I need you to guard them in case of an attack. They're below deck so they'll be safer, but also less prepared. Zendaya, I need you to come with me."

"To negotiate?" She asked, a jaded look on her face.

"Yes, we need to figure out his terms, so we can get around them. They can't hurt you because of your standing, so I need you to cover me, clear?"

"Crystal, but I think you should guard and Sam should go with me."

Harrison's brain took a hit. "What? Why? If this goes wrong, they'll just cut me down whereas Sam would have to be protected—"

"Yes, but Sam is the only one here that can sway his father. I may intimidate him, but he'll not submit to me alone. He certainly won't listen to you—"

Sam hung his head hopelessly. "Thank you for your faith in me, Zendaya, but I don't see what I could do. I'm afraid my father won't listen to anyone. In truth, I'd love to have a chance to rule, but I'm not strong. I'm not even of age. He'd rather trap Tom on the throne than put his trust in me."

Zendaya took his hand for the first time, feeling a zing rush to her head. "You have a good heart, Sam. That's something I believe is lacking in all leaders, from my kingdom to yours. You shouldn't mistake being strong with being cruel. I know I have, and it isn't right."