Ending One Part Two

"He's weak. He'll surely kill himself before long."

"Then why not let him? Are you hearing yourself? You want me to help you kill your own brother—"

Harry took her hands, looking deeply into her eyes as he smiled in a sickeningly charming way. "I've got two more. Besides...I don't want to chance it." He stroked her cheek as he gingerly pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Chance what?"

"I can't let you marry Tom, darling. They would never let us wed if that happened."

Zendaya shuddered at what had happened next. She took herself out of that place in her head, but her thoughts kept racing. Such a kiss would've convinced her of just about anything. He had seized her with such passion every warning sign melted away. She thought that was it. That was supposed to be her twisted, fairytale ending. She was weak, and Harry used her. She knew she belonged in this cell, but more than anything she wished Harry was right here with her all battered and bruised and awaiting death.

After telling Sam she expected him to blame her outright. He should have. But he comforted her. "I don't understand you." She said quietly.

"Lashing out at you will not do me any good. The Lord says to forgive those that have done you wrong, and being cruel won't bring him back." Sam replied softly. "But I was angry, and I wanted to act on it. Whenever I feel like that I put myself to bed." He laughed.

"You're too good for this family."

"Don't say that. No family is perfect. Though I'm afraid mine is now forever altered."

"What will you do?"

"He won't get away with this." He turned towards the door. "Thank you for your help." He unlocked the door with the large key ring and left. She sulked a moment, until she noticed something glimmering in the light. The key! Sam had left the key to her cell in the keyhole. Whether it was intentional or not, she wasn't going to waste her chance. She got up as quickly as she could, turned the key and freed herself. She looked down at herself and wished she had a change of clothes and some shoes, but she had to work with what she had. She saw a window at the end of the hall that looked promising. It was barred, but the stone looked weak and crumbly. It didn't take much effort to carefully pull the bars away.

"Well that was easy." She sighed in relief as she climbed out the window, the cool grass rejuvenating her.

"Took you long enough." She nearly screamed, but stopped herself. She turned around, covering her mouth with her hand. Sam stood there in a cloak holding a bundle. He smiled slightly at her fearful expression. "I couldn't let you escape in that outfit. You must change quickly."

He gets me, she thought. "How...sweet." She smiled goofily before taking the clothes from him, stepping away from him to change into the plain clothes. Along with a pair of boots, there was a large bag of coins and a sack of food and drink. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because you don't deserve to die. They already arranged your hanging tomorrow so we must move fast—"

"How will I get home? How will I hide until I can find a ship—"

"We will ride to town, and you must stay there in this disguise until morning when you can find a coachman or sailor to take you as far away as he will. You have a small fortune to spend. None of the kingdom knows of Tom's death yet, so no one should be looking for you as of now. But you must leave here as soon as you can." Sam hastily instructed. "My father is grief stricken, and I fear this may be what kills him. Harry is pushing for him to declare war upon your kingdom."