Ending One Part One

Tom could barely contain his excitement when he looked out. For the first time, his path was seemingly clear. The hall looked empty, not a guard in sight. It was a miracle; it was his chance! His heart raced with joy as he flew out of his tower, feeling his wings spread to take flight.

Until suddenly, he was cut down.

A single thrust ran though his back, paralyzing him. His breath hitched, his body frozen like time itself has stopped. His hands moved frigidly to the blade coming through his chest, feeling almost like an illusion. He didn't feel any pain until his legs instantly gave out, time speeding back up again rapidly. He fell to his knees and his head lurched forward. It turned to stone with its weight as he looked upon his attacker.

"Ha—Harry—" He gasped, choking on blood. Air wouldn't come to him.

Harry stared at him coldly. "There's your freedom."

Tom stared in astonishment, unable to move or begin to process what was happening. Harry walked back around him, forcefully pulling his sword out of Tom, ripping his flesh. Tom let out a gruesome wail as the blood began to pour out of him. He desperately held his wound, his blood soaked his hands as he grew weaker by the second. He dropped onto his side and rolled onto his back, unable to stay upright. He stuttered some, the words refusing to form. He fought to piece together a sentence. The words oozed out slowly like molasses as he struggled to stay present. "Please...please...I have...I have to see them...my best friend...my love..." He took in a few staggering breaths, and he was gone.

"I can't believe you went through with it." Zendaya gasped in tears.

"Death or abdication, unfortunately, is the only way to change the line of succession. I just did what was necessary for the kingdom." Harry replied flatly, looking into Tom's dead eyes. He knew they would haunt him the rest of his days, but he wouldn't let that stop him.

"You're by the book aren't you?" Zendaya scoffed.

Harry turned away from Tom, regaining a royal posture. He smirked at Zendaya, taking in her beauty. Tears couldn't ruin such a face. "I am indeed, and now it's my kingdom to rule. With you by my side of course."

"Oh really? How do you know? Did you kill your twin as well—"

"I am next in line—" Harry growled. She turned away from him, but he grabbed her wrist. She glared at him, firmly staring him down. "What? You see one speck of blood and you have second thoughts? Or don't tell me you're still smitten—"

"Take your hands off me—"

"Look! Is this what has your heart? Tell me, are you still in love now?" He grabbed her face by the chin and forced her to look upon the fresh corpse. He pushed her closer, some blood soaking the hem of her dress. His dead eyes pierced her, her knees feeling as if they had been kicked in. Harry yelled and pushed her again. She fell over onto the corpse, slipping in his fresh blood. The blood was now streaked all over her dress, her chest exploding as she began to shake. She scrambled away from the body, averting her gaze from the gory nightmare.

"Stop! I will not be bullied by you!" She shrieked. "Guards!"

"Shut up!" He lunged for her. She began gathering her skirts and bolted. Her shoes tumbled off and she nearly tripped over her own feet, screaming all the while.

"Guards! Guards! Help me!"

Some guards rushed to her, coming to her aid as she hyperventilated, her throat closing with a dry hoarseness.

"Guards! Seize her! She has murdered Prince Thomas! That is his blood she is covered in!" Harry screamed at them. They suddenly restrained her, much to her distress.