Beers, cheers, and fears

LOUIS POV.

I must have dozed off at some point because I woke up with a ringing headache.

I know I had a drink last night, but I was safe enough to drive so I wasn't sure why I had a pounding headache.

I looked around the lit room, the sun wasn't shining a soft yellow this morning. More like a white beam of light.

Wait!

What's the time!

I pick out my phone and see it read 11:45. Shit. No wonder the sun isn't glowing it rose ages ago.

I clambered out of bed, only wearing my black Calvin Klein boxers and opened my wardrobe. Chucked on a random pair of black skinny jeans and a dark green hoodie with some random yellow writing on it. I always liked this hoodie. I wore it to an interview once in 2015 and the fans liked it too. One of the only items I've kept from the band days.

I was slowly walking towards the bedroom door when I heard a chair squeaking. My first thought was that Eleanor was home. I realized that was stupid as she literally left yesterday.

I quickly whipped out my phone again to check if I had a notification from her. None. I sighed and slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked down the stairs.

''Nice of you to join me'' A random person says from behind me. I scream and fall against the wall in shock. Snapping my head in the direction of the voice.

I sigh.

''Fuck sake Johnny, you wanna give me a heart attack before rehearsals or something?'' I chuckle. He only laughs back and pats my shoulder and walks to the living room. I didn't follow. Only hearing the light buzz of the TV when he turned it on. I was going to join him, but my stomach was rumbling like crazy. I needed food.

I wasn't in the mood for anything fancy either. My head still hurt and that panic of someone trying to murder me in my house didn't help calm me down. I look around the kitchen, eying the fruit bowl. I walk over, pick up an apple and head in the direction to my generously large living room. It wasn't plain white and modern like the rest of my apartment. It was warm and cozy, a fireplace in the center, a couple of the Brit awards the band won on the mantlepiece. I had a large light gray sofa opposite the fireplace with black and white cow print cushions on it. Next to the main sofa, either side I had two smaller ones, dark grey in colour with crème cushions. On the floor I had a plain black rug and a mini glass coffee table, can't go without a coffee table I need somewhere to put my feet up and my cup of tea. The walls weren't bare either, they were covered in old plaques and vinyl awards from the albums. A few weird paintings Eleanor liked the look of too.

''I let myself in'' Johnny states. Watching the football closely.

''I can see that'' I state and sit next to him on the massive sofa looking to see who's playing.

''Casey took the dogs for today, she wanted some company since Lilly died'' Johnny states, still not breaking eye contact with the TV. Casey was Johnny's little sister, his family recently lost their dog Lilly, Casey took it the hardest.

''that's alright, I needed some chill out time, what's the plans for today then. My last day of freedom'' Tomorrow is Sunday. The meeting. Where everything now changes.

''Lou I have work in half an hour, that's why I came for breakfast, don't worry though I'll be back in the evening to drop the dogs off, Hell, I'll even stay the night if you like, I mean I have to come here tomorrow to get all the dog bits, move some clothes in the guest room as I'm staying here.'' He says.

I know Johnny was taking me leaving harder than I was. He was my best friend. Ever since we were kids. It was Johnny, my ginger mate Olly and myself. We'd do everything together. I only got the chance to spent time with Johnny maybe once or twice a year, if I was lucky when the band was together. I think Johnny doesn't want that to happen again.