Guess That Didn't Last Long

LOUIS POV.

I get stirred awake by my phone vibrating like crazy. I try to reach for it but fail miserably.

The phone falls from the bedside table and straight onto my face.

''Ahhh I bumped me nose'' I wince and hold my hand to my nose.

My phone was still annoyingly vibrating next to my head. I reach and grab it, opening my eyes and squinting them so I could read the millions of messages.

Twitter was blowing up.

Instagram was blowing up.

Even my Facebook page was blowing up.

Under the constant flow of social media notifications, I look at the couple texts I received.

(LOT) – WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT MY BIG BROTHER WOULD BE ABLE TO COME OUT WHILE IN THE BAND, PROUD OF YOU.

(DASISY) - PHEBS AND I ARE PROUD OF YOU.

(K) - Congrats on coming out fake boyfriend.

And lastly a message from Jeff.

(JEFF) – We announced your coming out on your twitter early this morning, you and Kay will need to be seen on a date soon, all the boys have also shown their support. I suggest keeping off social media for the bit, the homophobes will be all over it.

I stare at my phone in shock and move my free hand from holding my nose to covering my mouth.

I'm out.

I'm out of the closet.

After almost ten years.

I get snapped from my thoughts when I hear a little sob from next to me, I turn my head and see Harry rolling over, so his back was facing me.

''Oh, Haz baby what's wrong'' I coo, yet slightly worried. I didn't know he was awake.

I move my phone from my hand and back on the bedside table. I turn around and wrap my arm around Harry's stomach, even though he was bigger than me in every sense, being the big spoon and Harry being the small spoon always seemed to be the most comforting position. It feels right that way. I can't explain it.

Harry muffles a small sob and spins in my arms, so he was facing me.

''I'm being so selfish now I can't believe I'm crying over this'' He laughs sadly at himself and I frown. ''I've been thinking about myself this entire process, because I've only been thinking about how this whole thing would be effecting me and our relationship.'' Harry looks at me and wipes his tear-stained eyes. ''And I've been a dick to you, I've been selfish and jealous, and I've been taking my insecurities out on you'' he moves his hands from his face to cup my cheeks, staring in my eyes

''Harry you aren't being selfi-'' I couldn't finish my sentence because Harry moved his hand to my lips, shushing me.

''Just listen, okay?'' He pleads and I nod my head slightly.

''I've been so caught up on myself and my own feelings I didn't realise how you must be feelings over this, you get to come out Lou and that's so exciting for you, and an amazing thing and I missed it being bitchy and distant'' Harry sighed and stroked my cheek. ''I saw the realisation on your face when you read those messages, you were confused but you were also so excited, you had hope in your eyes and you looked like 10 years of secrets had been shaken from your shoulders, and I can't believe I ruined a good moment''. Harry looked at me now waiting for something.

''Harry this coming out is for the both of us, and it also includes both of us, we have hope and we should be excited because even though we aren't confessing our love to the public, it's a small step forward'' It was my turn to stroke his cheekbone. ''Harry you mean so much to me it hurts, but knowing you're hurting or sad, or even jealous, it affects me too, and I need you to tell me and communicate, not get angry and shut yourself in the gym'' I explain, and he nods his head.