Chapter 6~The Unwelcomed Visitor~

Y/N's POV
        I start to pack my belongings into my backpack. The builders told me the boat will be done in a couple days. That gives us plenty of time to prepare for our voyage. I can't believe it... we're going back. After all this time. After everything we've been through to get here... we're going back to the mainland. Going back to the place where Wicked locked us in those Mazes. Where Wicked chased us through the scorch. Where Wicked's last city fell. As I'm lost in my thoughts, I don't realize Minho walking in the tent. "Y/N." he says pulling me out of my own mind. "Minho! I've been thinking, and I need you to help me with something." I reply before he cuts me off. "Can that wait?" He continues, "I really need to apologize." I smile, "Minho, you don't have to apologize... I understand. You really didn't do anything wrong." He shakes his head almost as if he disagrees. "Y/N, I kissed you... without even asking if you were okay with that. I was selfish. I put my feelings before yours. I am so sorry." Minho explains, resuming before I can get a word in. "Y/N, you didn't kill him. I know you believe you did, but you didn't." My eyes start to furrow at his apology. "I know you think it's your fault, but it's not... Newt was going to kill you. Well, crank Newt was. The real Newt turned the knife on himself. Newt would rather die than hurt you." He goes on. "Y/N I know you're not ready. And it's okay if you're never ready. I just want you to know I'm here." He finishes. I start to chuckle a little. "Are you done?" I question as a confused look washes over his face. "Minho, I understand. Just because I'm not ready now, doesn't mean I never will be." I take a breath, "And I know you care Minho. Back there with Vince, you offered to stay here just so I could go. I wouldn't want to do it without you Minho. And when I am finally ready to move on, you'll be the first to know." I smile as he does the same. "Thanks Y/N." He pulls me into a small hug. "Now that we got that out of the way," I start pulling away. "I need your help with something..." Minho tilts his head ready to listen. "I'm ready." He replies.
       "Y/N... I don't think this is a good idea." Minho hesitates. "I just want to talk to him." I reply walking down the stairs underneath the ground to the cellar where that man is being held for attacking me. This is our islands makeshift jail. "What if he tries to attack you again?" Minho mentions holding a lantern as I turn to him. "That's why you're here." I answer confidently. "I just want to talk to him." I finish walking down the rest of the steps. He follows me reluctantly. "I told you Vince, I'm not saying how I know!" The man shouts turning around, surprised to see me. "You..." He starts off with anger in his tone. "I just want to talk..." I reply to the man behind bars. He charges as the bars, reaching out for me through the gaps. "I'm leaving the island!" I flinch back bumping into Minho, closing my eyes. The man stops yelling, stops reaching, and just stares. "You what?" he calmly questions backing up away from the cell barricade. "You were right." I start as Minho hits me in the shoulder. "Are you really apologizing to him." Minho asks before I shut him up by putting my hand back. "Look." I reason walking up to the bars. "You know who I am. No I don't know how, and I don't care to know." My heart pounds as I wonder if this is the right thing to do. "So what? You came here to shut me up?" He starts, "To ask me to keep quiet about you." I shake my head, starring at the tall man. "You were right... those people on the mainland are suffering from the Flare, and I'm not doing anything about it." I continue, "We'll now I am. I'm going back there to end this... once and for all." The man stares at me with confusion. "I'm sorry." I start, "I am truly sorry that I couldn't save them... your family. And I don't expect you to forgive me." His glare at me from before turns to a stare. A blank stare that I cannot break. A stare that is hiding all the unknown emotion. And that's the scariest part. "I don't know what happened to them, but I want you to know that I'm sorry. That I don't blame you for being angry at me." The man starts to wipe tears from his eyes. "Being the cure has haunted me since I figured out." I continue, "Which is why I finally am going to do something about it. And I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that." The man starts to sob into the palm of his hands. "I forgive you," he cries, "You're just a kid. You don't deserve to bare all of that weight and guilt." The man composes himself, taking a deep breath. "I appreciate you saying something, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey." The man smiles with true sympathy. "One more thing..." I say, the man actually interested. "What is your name?" I question. He smiles, "Mark Griffin." Mark holds out his hand for me to shake through the bars. I feel Minho's presence get closer behind me as if he's hesitant to stop me from shaking the mans hand. "Y/N Paige." I finish grabbing his hand as he shakes it. "You best get going now," Mark suggests retrieving his hand. "Don't want Vince getting angry at you for comin' down here." Mark finishes. I smile, "I'll make sure Vince knows to set you free." He returns a smile at me before I look away towards the stairs out of the cellar room. That went way better than I thought it would!
       "Y/N." Minho says as we exit the cellar as we walk back to the tent. "I know what you're thinking." I start off when Minho stops me. "Y/N. This is why so many people look up to you." He replies as surprise overcome my emotion. "I thought you were mad?" I question. He stops walking, "I wasn't mad, I was just annoyed. But what you did down there, is something I couldn't ever do... That Y/N is why you're a true leader." I turn to him smiling. "Thanks Minho." As were smiling at each other, a scream fills my ears. A straight sound of terror and fright through one scream. My eyes widen as Minho's does the same. "What was that?!" I question with panic. "It came from that way!" Minho informs pointing toward the beach. Before saying anything else, both him and I take off in the direction of the scream. A gathering at the shoreline, tons of people from the camp. A gunshot fires making me worry even more. People start screaming like the one before. "What the hell is going on!" I shout bursting through the group of people. I stare at the man holding the gun. It's none other than Jorge. Down into the water, a body lays lifeless. I walk up next to Jorge, fear overtaking my body. Did he just kill someone? Something is different about the body. The skin, the cloths. I walk up to the body as the circle of people around him are whispering, some even crying. I use my foot to turn the drenched body on its back. Gasps fill the air as more start to cry. The face... it couldn't be. A crank lays there motionless in the damp sand.