Chapter 22~It's Normal~

Y/N's POV
I wake up to a knock outside my door. I rub my eyes, no recall of any type of dream. I don't exactly know if that is a good thing or a bad one. "Y/N, are you awake? We have to get going soon." A voice calls out, sounds like Aris. It's time to go into the city. "I'll be down in 10." I state sitting up from my sleeping position. Looking over, little Violet still fast asleep tightly hugging the covers. I feel a smile appear on my face before walking to my closet. Inside hangs my outfit for today. The outfit Amanda picked out for me.... or I mean for Olivia. The fake me. I take off the t-shirt pulling over the nice white long sleeve. Then I pull down my shorts slipping up the blue flowery skirt. I glance up at the mirror which has seemed to catch my full attention. I forget how pretty this makes me feel. If only I didn't have to wear this stupid disguise. I turn my head toward the w/c wig with a type of disgust in my expression. Well... this won't exactly work without it. I use the hair tie on my wrist to pull my h/c hair back into a low bun. Then grabbing the wig by the top, and pulling it over to look proportional on my head. I look in the mirror once again missing my normal look. This isn't me. This is Olivia Scott. The doctor who was recruited into the city. The same doctor who is going to fix this. The doctor who will bring the Flare to flames.
       I stand at the door of my bedroom inside Amanda's penthouse, triple checking every detail. Hairbrush, tooth brush... wait, did I grab my journal? I put my hand on my face. Duh I did. I don't leave it anywhere. It holds every ounce of my life since the Maze. Everything that has happened up to this point is inside that journal. I allow my body to stop, taking a deep breath in. I see Violet still cuddled with the white bed sheets. I smile walking over to the small child. Small bits of drool leaks out of her mouth making me cringe a bit, but I remember she's still very young. I squat down to her level watching as her body lay still, aside from the small change in her stomach from her breaths. "I promise to come back for you Violet." I whisper. In that moment, I feel 100% responsible for her. As if she is my own child. A strange feeling to admit. A feeling like I've known her my whole life. An ache starts to build in my stomach. I know I will miss her goofy self. If anything were to happen to this little girl... I know I would upright loose my mind. I kiss her forehead before walking back over to my suitcase, and heading out of my bedroom door.
       I join everyone else in the living room... those who are awake at least. Thomas, Minho, Gally, Aris, Amanda, Amy, and Shawn. "All packed up?" Amanda questions seeing my suitcase behind me. I give a simple nod before she turns to the others. "Congratulations everyone for getting recruited. I am very proud of all of you." She smiles speaking with her familiar British accent. Both Minho and Thomas are in their disguises also. Thomas has his red wig in dressed in khakis and a black button up. Minho's got his blonde swooped up wig with his khakis and a long sleeve, the vest over it. The rest look the same, only dressed in nicer attire. "The guards will load you on a bus. They expect everyone to follow orders... so don't do anything stupid. And don't be surprised if you get beat for talking back." Amanda admits making me slightly nervous. "Just do as you are asked." Shawn adds, most likely noticing my worried expression. "Once you get there, they will take you to your sleeping quarters. I do not know anything about that." Amanda explains while the rest of us nod. "Aris and Y/N... your job is the most important. You will find the materials needed to create the antiviral." Amanda assigns as Amy walks forward. "I only made one copy. It is a packet of all the equipment you will need to find. They are labeled, and there are also pictures." Amy states handing me the packet of paper. Amanda nods, "Once you find those objects, thats where the boys come in." She states letting Shawn take over. "Y/N and Aris will get the found equipment to you, and it is your job to figure out how to get said equipment to the others camped on the outskirts of town. We will be giving you all walkie talkis to communicate... just keep it on the down low." Shawn finishes stepping back. "Once you find all the equipment, grab what you must of your belongings, and escape the city. There has to be at least one way out. Find it, and make it to the outside camp. Then from there, you will escape in a white can with the others camped outside." Amanda looks at all of us for a sign that we understand. Everyone is quiet. "Good." Amanda states as Shawn starts to hand each one of us the communication devices. "Keep them hidden." Shawn says. As the time comes closer to our departure, we start to gather everything we have. "One more thing." Amanda starts as everyone turns towards her. "If any one find out your true identities... especially you." She points at me. "Then run. No matter if you have all the equipment or not. Your safety is more important. We can figure something else out... but not if you're dead." Amanda finishes. "Now get to the buses." Shawn orders. "And best of luck to all of you." Amy encourages as we start to leave the penthouse. Minho and I make eye contact.... and I know exactly what he is thinking.
What did we just get ourselves into?